Trembling Loon: Replacing Trem 'Silence' with Additional Input

finebyfine

Feel like I'm missing something obvious on this but I've never worked with modulation circuits before. I'm looking to mod the trembling loom so that the "silent" part of the trem instead comes from a second audio input but keep pretty much everything else the same. Anyone have ideas? Schematic for reference

1614148588931.png

I have no technical help to provide with this. But since a tremolo works by modulating the volume, what you are really looking for is something or some way to modulate a signal blend, right? Would that even be moddable, or require an entirely different circuit design.

I have no technical help to provide with this. But since a tremolo works by modulating the volume, what you are really looking for is something or some way to modulate a signal blend, right? Would that even be moddable, or require an entirely different circuit design.
Yep. Exactly what I'm going for. Everything I've read about trem circuits makes me think just modding one is gonna be the easier way to go about i this. From what I think I've gathered that the 'silent' part of a trem cycle is essentially just the signal being grounded (or close to grounded depending on settings). Something I read was explaining that aspect by imagining that as two separate inputs.

That said, completely open to anything else if that's the easier route.

What you need is a circuit similar to a harmonic tremolo.... Two signal paths (without the filtering) and an LFO driving the two out of phase.

What you need is a circuit similar to a harmonic tremolo.... Two signal paths (without the filtering) and an LFO driving the two out of phase.
Thank you so much! (and for answering such a 101 question!)

Last edited:
Back