Triad Fuzz

Mentaltossflycoon

Am I being a troll? Maybe but I'm not posting this to start any political conversation. Just a joke that I followed through on because I was bored. My friend who will receive this will feel better knowing that if Josh is a homophobe, he'd hate this and if it's just a rumor, he'd be fine with it. Also, that rustoleum rattlecan metallic pink is pretty sweet.

Screenshot_20211026-171022_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20211026-171040_Gallery.jpg

I'm a cishet man, and I love it.

EDIT: Also, I really don't get the impression Josh Scott is a bigot. He may have other faults but the "evidence" that he's a homophobe is very shaky even by internet conspiracy theory standards.

Just realized I said nothing of the sounds. I like it quite a bit, especially for the gated side of the bias pot. I was somewhat underwhelmed by the fat switch, not that it does nothing but what it does did nothing for me.

Also, I often find myself drawn toward diming the fuzz knob as my preferred setting but I like more of the backed off sounds found here.

Just realized I said nothing of the sounds. I like it quite a bit, especially for the gated side of the bias pot. I was somewhat underwhelmed by the fat switch, not that it does nothing but what it does did nothing for me.

Also, I often find myself drawn toward diming the fuzz knob as my preferred setting but I like more of the backed off sounds found here.
Old thread but I'm just getting around to this build. Did you use BC548A's? Seems very hard to source those. But seems like an NPN around 100 hfe should work?

Old thread but I'm just getting around to this build. Did you use BC548A's? Seems very hard to source those. But seems like an NPN around 100 hfe should work?
I had to crack it open and look but yes, I have BC548A's in there. Unfortunately it's been so long that I have no idea where they came from but I rarely stray from Tayda, Mouser, SBP, smallbear, and LMS.

i got some off amazon in a combo pack, i love this pedal. the bias knob is useful throughout the whole range and you can get a ton of good sounds out of it (like most JHS pedals imo).

i got some off amazon in a combo pack, i love this pedal. the bias knob is useful throughout the whole range and you can get a ton of good sounds out of it (like most JHS pedals imo).
I see a bunch of the BC548B but no BC548A. It may not make a real difference anyway. I'm just going to socket first and try some of the shit load of other NPN Si's.

Also, VanWhy — cherry pick out of the BC548B you have that are closest to BC548A ie lowest gain amongst them.

Never came across this thread before, nor the term cishet — add me to those who had to look it up.

Very sweet build, Mentaltossflycoon, especially delicious colour — amazing it came out of a rattle-can, though I too have had success with some spray-bombs.

Also, VanWhy — cherry pick out of the BC548B you have that are closest to BC548A ie lowest gain amongst them.

Never came across this thread before, nor the term cishet — add me to those who had to look it up.

Very sweet build, Mentaltossflycoon, especially delicious colour — amazing it came out of a rattle-can, though I too have had success with some spray-bombs.
e6d7f1c20d1cdbb88e94fd4fe434fef2.gif

I see a bunch of the BC548B but no BC548A. It may not make a real difference anyway. I'm just going to socket first and try some of the shit load of other NPN Si's.
I'll double check if it's B's or C's, now that I think about it I'm not sure. regardless I still love this pedal!!

Back