Triangulum - what a killer boost!

Grubb

I finished boxing up my Triangulum build today. My previous builds were blank pedals but this was my first foray into Tayda's UV printing setup. I'm pretty happy with the outcome but I would order a second pass on the white and colour if I was trying to sell this.

The build went pretty well, I decided to only socket the ICs and to solder everything else in directly. Nothing died so I must have gone ok. 😎

I also had my first crack at an LED footswitch using the dedicated breakout board and it worked perfectly.

Soundwise the boost really tightens up a flubby recto patch nicely. It sounds a bit thin driving a clean amp but you can still get some interesting tones that way.

Here are the obligatory photos: IMG_20210509_150759_copy_1152x2304.jpg IMG_20210509_151147_copy_1152x2304.jpg

Works great off a regular 9v 1Spot, I haven't tried it at any other voltage but I have the capacity to test it off my big 1Spot CS12 if I want. I'm pretty sure minimum voltage for my components was about 35v so I should be able to do 18v no problems.

Works great off a regular 9v 1Spot, I haven't tried it at any other voltage but I have the capacity to test it off my big 1Spot CS12 if I want. I'm pretty sure minimum voltage for my components was about 35v so I should be able to do 18v no problems.
I wouldn’t try 18v. This circuit uses a charge pump that pumps 9volts up to around 33volts or so. You’ll ruin the charge pump IC and probably some other components. If stick with 9volts.

Back