Turning a Starboard (Fuzzrite) Depth pot into a toggle switch

andare

I've been breadboarding this fuzz and the Depth knob (really a blend between the two amplification stages) is only useful in the two extreme positions for me. In the middle it's quieter and neither fish nor flesh. How do I replace it with a toggle switch?

Here's the schematic: 1643637933111.png

Put a 500K resistor in place of the Depth pot across lugs #1 & #3. Then connect a SPDT (On-On) toggle switch so one end goes to one side of the 500K resistor and the other end of the toggle goes to the other side of the 500K resistor. Then the middle toggle lug goes to lug #2 of where the Depth pot goes. In one position the toggle will be fully to one side or the other of that 500K resistor - sending the signal lug #3 of the Volume pot for the output.

Put a 500K resistor in place of the Depth pot across lugs #1 & #3. Then connect a SPDT (On-On) toggle switch so one end goes to one side of the 500K resistor and the other end of the toggle goes to the other side of the 500K resistor. Then the middle toggle lug goes to lug #2 of where the Depth pot goes. In one position the toggle will be fully to one side or the other of that 500K resistor - sending the signal lug #3 of the Volume pot for the output.
Brilliant, thank you! I knew it was something like that but I couldn't figure it out.

Or connect the 3 pins of the toggle switch to the 3 holes for the pot, and put a 470k resistor across the switch.

Same result, but the wiring should come out cleaner.

Or connect the 3 pins of the toggle switch to the 3 holes for the pot, and put a 470k resistor across the switch.

Same result, but the wiring should come out cleaner.
Or maybe a 510K resistor since it's closer to 500?

Back