Tyrian issues help!!!

Gi86

hello everyone, I am a newbie in building pedals, but this is the fourth I build and only this is giving me big problems. first problem: the pedal (and also the LED even if it is not mounted at the moment) remains always on, even without the fsw connected. second problem: the pedal always emits a whistle even with the guitar connected, by activating the potentiometers it changes and if I play the guitar it feels bad, but it remains dominated by the perennial whistle. thanks in advance for the help, this pedal is giving me a headache

Attachments

• IMG_20211024_193804.jpg
    IMG_20211024_193804.jpg
    167.7 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_20211024_191509.jpg
    IMG_20211024_191509.jpg
    442.4 KB · Views: 22
Finish wiring up your footswitch, make sure your jacks are wired correctly, do any of your pots have dust covers? One might be grounding to the board on the backside.

Oh And go over the board closely looking for any solder bridges.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply!
I removed the fsw for the problem from the led always on ...
but I SOLVED EVERYTHING
Damn...as a true noob which I am, I neglected a very important thing: CLEAN the pcb !!!
But...
I am very disappointed with the gain of this pedal, I expected a lot more ...
is there a mod to increase it ??

The pedal should sound very similar to the Revv G3 pedal if not just like it. You might possibly have other issues. If it’s operating as designed that pedal has a lot of gain on tap. I’m not sure if anyone has done mods on this pedal other than tweaking the eq parameters.

You could try playing with the clipping diodes maybe try something more asymmetrical.

Last edited:
yes, the potentiometers have the rubber pads behind ... another problem I have is that the power led remains slightly lit even with the pedal off ... however the pedal does not sound bad at all, a little muffled perhaps, but it lacks gain especially in 2 positions of the selector.

-in the middle: nothing more than a crunch with the pot gain turned up

- top: a little more distortion, but not enough

-bottom: here I almost reach the gain necessary to make metal, but much less than it should be...

I have already checked the values of all the capacitors and they are fine, I also check the resistors and are ok .
I bought this kit from Musikding,and in One of the reviews of someone have this issue too..

Last edited:
Back