UPDATE Electrovibe help!

Hello,
I am just t finishing up my second electrovibe build and I'm having a few issues.

When I plug in the power the lamp lights up like my first build and starts flashing. It then stops flashing, then randomly sometimes it will be working fine and if you increase the speed potentiometers at a certain point they will cause the lamp to flash much brighter and then stay solidly lit. Also if you press the speed footswitch the lamp flashed brighter.

I have double checked that the dual pots are not grounding out on the back of the board.

Im at loss, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211027-065603_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20211027-065603_Gallery.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 34
Hello,
I am just t finishing up my second electrovibe build and I'm having a few issues.

When I plug in the power the lamp lights up like my first build and starts flashing. It then stops flashing, then randomly sometimes it will be working fine and if you increase the speed potentiometers at a certain point they will cause the lamp to flash much brighter and then stay solidly lit. Also if you press the speed footswitch the lamp flashed brighter.

I have double checked that the dual pots are not grounding out on the back of the board.

does your gain and bias trimmers effect the lamp?

Hello,

My only other thing is maybe a bad
does your gain and bias trimmers effect the lamp?
Yep! They work as they are intended. I was using my DMM to check for shorts and what not and noticed if I touch the center lugs of the speed footswitch it causes the solid lit lamp to start flashing at the full speed per the potentiometers setting.

It seems to work find now except if you turn either of the speed pots too far the bulb kind of flashes then stays solidly lit. It also seems to flash really bright when pressing the footswitch that controls the speed.
Any ideas? Maybe a bad L78L12? Of course this is the one build I didnt use sockets..

Back