USB MIDI Controller with Arduino Leonardo

gaetano

Maybe someone can use this as a start or an example of MIDI with an Arduino.

A while ago I purchased a Roland Workstation for a fortune and not only was it tedious to use but it's aftertouch was Binary OFF / 25kg pressure ON!
So I decided to make my own MIDI controller and found an old organ which I gutted (and I now use as a workstation which runs ANY software). To my suprise MIDI conversions were either really expensive, didn't work even though they had webpages and tutorials, or had proprietary code and schematics. The ones on offer I found also only used 5 Pin MIDI DIN, and I wanted USB so I could plug it into anything. So I did my own full conversion which works in Linux and Windows straight out of the USB port of an Arduino Leonardo with no drivers or anything else needed. I designed some simple external boards to read the keys, as the Leonardo has too few pins. Anyway to cut a long story short, it seems to be bulletproof and I have uploaded all files needed including FULL programming (and some simpler examples for using the analog pins and the digital pins) with detailed annotation (another annoyance trying to follow someones spagetti code with no notes), schematics and examples. Also the BOM and the gerber files to burn you own boards for a couple of $. Just download the 'code' zip file as everything is in there.

Last edited:
Back