Using daisy chain power?

PBWilson1970

So I'm building a handful of pedals with the end result being a grab-and-go pedalboard for jam sessions with friends. I intend on these pedals (or something similar):

Fuzz (not certain which one)->Diamond Compressor clone->Neutron Envelope Filter->Hotcake clone->Blackstone Mosfet Overdrive clone->Gristleizer->Delay (not certain which one)->EQD Levitation Reverb clone->buffer.

I really am not interested in buying an expensive power brick and wondered if a 1-Spot daisy chain AC adapter will work well enough.

Is there any tangible reason why my trusty old 1-Spot wouldn't work? I'm not using any particularly power-hungry pedals. What would be the benefit? Thanks.

It'll work unless it doesn't. You might get clock noise / etc from a digital delay or maybe from the belton brick in the levitation? If you already have the 1-spot, just go for it and if you get some weird hum or clock noise, just pull pedals out of the chain until you find the culprit. Worst case you maybe buy another 1-spot.

Agree with what others said. From personal experience though I must say that when I switched to an isolated supply, the overall noise floor of my board was so much lower that I can never go back to daisy chain anymore. But that’s just my personal experience, do what works for you!

One limitation of a one spot daisy chain that I ran into was if I have 1 or more power hungry pedals it just can’t provide sufficient juice and most pedals sound like crap and dont working like they should when they are starved on top of a higher noise floor. But this has just been my experience with the one spot daisy chain I’m only able to run about 3 on one chain and Have them all sound like they should.

Back