VFE Yodeler, PedalPCB.com General Tso Compressor

jjjimi84

This bad MF was used in my Tweed videos and finally got painted and put in a video. This video was quite a lesson learned, I forgot to turn on the vocal mic for the first attempt, half a day wasted. Then for the second attempt I did not realize the mics were moved and the end result was a very weird out of phase sound. I then switched amps and changed mics to film a video how I normally would and then decided to change it up completely....

All of this is to say I think this is the best way to show off a pedal like this, multiple guitars, multiple pedals and an amp that can do everything. I also edited the hell out of this to make it shorter and more concise without all of the wasted time. Let me know what you all think!

And yes the PTP Dan Boost makes an appearance.

ZQgAe6el.jpg

t4v2wTWl.jpg

Here is the Madbean Hipster Fuzz I used, my son thinks it may be bubbles from Angry Birds on there.

y3qlKKSl.jpg

LuTa2qJl.jpg

Here is a PedalPCB.com General Tso Compressor I made, I am calling this finish burnt sparkle orange with the general painted on it.

MCSryZHl.jpg

3jNpUBUl.jpg

and here is the Dan Boost, a simple BC108 Booster.

YsYmKthl.jpg

jQe9urVl.jpg

Don't s'pose you have a spare Yodeller Board? I'm looking to complete my VFE collection...

General Tso is off the charts coolio. Ive loved burnt orange since I was a kid in the '70s looking at Nortons & Deuce Highboys

Don't s'pose you have a spare Yodeller Board? I'm looking to complete my VFE collection...

General Tso is off the charts coolio. Ive loved burnt orange since I was a kid in the '70s looking at Nortons & Deuce Highboys

Thank you! I wish I had more boards, I only bought one. I know Peter Rutter is planning on doing some diy release but I have no idea when that will be.

Man, if only MBP or PPCB would put something like that out........

Thanks for the quick reply, jjjimi84.

I need the Yodeller in the MBP/VFE layout, not the PPCB style, and the Standout in any style.

The guy over on MBP who did the Mega-VFE clone got his Yodeller fabbed by Oshpark, but his 2 other boards were already spoken for when I got wind of that project.

I was hoping Peter was going to drop the other DIY stuff with the Klein Bottle, get it all in one go. Enneehoo, I'm on the waitlist...

Dan Boost, what a perfect modern sculpture. 😻

I wonder if Peter will make the updated boards available through MBP. He also mentioned maybe carrying some DIY parts on his web site, and that could include pcbs.

Maybe a group buy for the older board? I have the vfe files and could look into it. That being said having never done it before I may not be the fastest candidate

I thought the Yodeler PCB had not been included in the Eagle VFE files. Perhaps I am mistaken.

Excellent build all around, very much something to be proud and happy with! Great demo and cool that mighty Dan boost made an appearance as well! Great stuff Dan!

Maybe a group buy for the older board? I have the vfe files and could look into it. That being said having never done it before I may not be the fastest candidate
I'd be up for a group buy.

Really, we should contact the Madbeaner that built the Mega-VFE, 'cause he's already Oshparked the Yodeller.

One thing to reduce cost is to get rid of a couple of layers in the Yodeller file, as Oshpark charges extra for each layer. Apparently, for whatever reason, some (all?) of the VFE files have an extra blank layer or two.

Zgrav, like jjjimi84 I bought the schematic pack — yodeller is definitely included. What is definitely NOT in the pack, is the Rainbows Puppies Unicorns. Hmmm speaking of which... WISH LIST!

Back