#VFEFRIDAY SPS Dragon

jjjimi84

I wanted to share this here not because of the pedal but because of the art work and story. I love this pedal, it is my favorite and knowing it was going to be my last VFE build I went all out.

This is airbrushed gold and then hand painted and fancied up with the red knobs. From there I sent this over to my friends daughter whom I commissioned to make this dragon.

How freaking cool is that?!?!?!! It is huge and is the protector of my prized Chinook amps.

A fantastic way to wrap up an epic build series!
I agree with Sylvester on all levels.
What is next on Dan's horizon?

A fantastic way to wrap up an epic build series!
I agree with Sylvester on all levels.
What is next on Dan's horizon?

That is a great question and it is going to be very PedalPCB centric.

Next week will be the video series on building your first pedal. Then after that I was thinking about a video shooting out types of compressors.

Then I want to do a long video series on lesser known drives and fuzzes. It would focus on the stuff that doesnt have a bunch of videos on youtube but deserves more attention

That is a great question and it is going to be very PedalPCB centric.

Next week will be the video series on building your first pedal. Then after that I was thinking about a video shooting out types of compressors.

Then I want to do a long video series on lesser known drives and fuzzes. It would focus on the stuff that doesnt have a bunch of videos on youtube but deserves more attention
Love this idea.

Excellent build and love both dragons, breathing fire!
Also would love to know about the comp control and what does the switch do in middle position, how useful do you find the 6/12dB switch and what is your preferred setting of the switch?
Cheers!

Beautiful.

What's your impression of the COMP control? Useful or not?

Excellent build and love both dragons, breathing fire!
Also would love to know about the comp control and what does the switch do in middle position, how useful do you find the 6/12dB switch and what is your preferred setting of the switch?
Cheers!

The comp control is subtle and really only audible at the extreme positions. There is a difference in feel but again very subtle, more of a set and never touch. This was on a trimpot on the previous version and could have been again.

The filters are extremely versatile and there is a lot of sounds in there. For just everyday riffing I keep it right in the middle and set the hpf around 10 oclock and the lpf around 3 oclock. This lets through enough of the frequencies that I like to hear when playing by myself.

When recording I find myself using the sharper cut off on the hpf side to lop off more low end.

@cooder I am on holiday and not near my computer but would there be a way to build it without the use of dual pots?

Also thank you all for the kind words! This project was very special to me and I am so happy with the way it turned out.

Back