Voodoo Labs or Walrus Audio ISO pow supply?

Kroars

After years of using a couple $30 “isolated” power banks I want to purchase a nice one. I believe I have it narrowed down to either the Voodoo Labs Mondo or the Walrus Audio Phoenix. The only difference between the two that I see is you get a couple more outputs on the Phoenix and a bit more mA (as well as a couple sag options) on the Mondo. I would imagine quality/reliability is roughly the same.

Anyone have either of these two and care to offer any pros or cons? Id very much appreciate help with a tie breaker.

Thank you in advance for any input!!

Looked at the pedal power 3 plus? Similarly priced to the mondo, looks like they're upping their game to compete with Strymon.
No, I didn’t see that one yet. It looks very similar to the Mondo, but you can add onto it with the x link. Thanks!

Have you ruled out truetone cs12? It has less outputs than the Walrus but a lot more total amp rating and you could chain many pedals together with no issue. The walrus seems pretty expensive for what you’re getting in terms of versatility. At that point why not get a Zuma?

Have you ruled out truetone cs12? It has less outputs than the Walrus but a lot more total amp rating and you could chain many pedals together with no issue. The walrus seems pretty expensive for what you’re getting in terms of versatility. At that point why not get a Zuma?
I ended up going for the Mondo. I had some Bezo’s bucks that needed spending. I looked for the PP3+ but couldn’t find it on Amazon, that one looked pretty cool. I typically take anonymous bad reviews with a grain of salt, but I did run across a handful on various forums and sites referencing issues with QC (namely the output jacks coming loose) on the Phoenix. Didn’t seem to find anything but stellar reviews on all Voodoo Lab products, so I went with the Mondo. I’ll let y’all know what I think. Thanks again!!

Looked at the pedal power 3 plus? Similarly priced to the mondo, looks like they're upping their game to compete with Strymon.
I have a Pedal Power 3. Good unit! I like it cause it’s extendible. I added a smaller Pedal Power to it to run an extra HX Stomp on my board. Really flexible power supply.

Whelp, I was able to find a PP3 Plus and change the order from the Mondo over to the PP3+. Seems like it’s smaller and I like the idea of being able to add on via the x links. Thanks again for all your help!

Whelp, I was able to find a PP3 Plus and change the order from the Mondo over to the PP3+. Seems like it’s smaller and I like the idea of being able to add on via the x links. Thanks again for all your help!
The Mondo does look interesting but probably wouldn’t work for my needs. I need to power two HX Stomps and a mix of digital and analog pedals. PP3 plus an X4 Expander covers my needs quite well.

The Mondo does look interesting but probably wouldn’t work for my needs. I need to power two HX Stomps and a mix of digital and analog pedals. PP3 plus an X4 Expander covers my needs quite well.
I was interested in the sag control for two outputs on the Mondo, but at the end of the day the PP3P seems a lot smaller, has the newer (for pedal supplies anyway) switched power tech and ability to expand was pretty cool. Also, you can’t beat ten 500ma 9v outputs.

I was interested in the sag control for two outputs on the Mondo, but at the end of the day the PP3P seems a lot smaller, has the newer (for pedal supplies anyway) switched power tech and ability to expand was pretty cool. Also, you can’t beat ten 500ma 9v outputs.
Nope, you can't. The sag feature seems cool...but I probably wouldn't use it. Plus, I can't say for certain that a Mondo could run two HX Stomps. The PP3 can't so what would make me think a Mondo can? That's why I have the X4 Expander. I run a splitter out of two outputs on the PP3 for one Helix and use the X4 for the others. Seems that they need to be on separate power supplies to work. Upside is that it isolates the shit out of everything even further.

And, yeah, seems the PP3 is much smaller, which makes it easy to install on virtually any pedalboard. :D

Back