Ways of Organizing Builds in Progress?

I'm a neatnik when it comes to most things so maybe I'm generally more sensitive to the feeling but lately I feel like I've been drowning in post-its with build notes, forgetting to order one or two random components for a build, getting mixed up on enclosure designs, etc. It's nothing, you know, insurmountable, but I feel like I'm missing some sort of system to keep me more organized with my pedal building that could prevent a few annoyances here and there. I have a basic spreadsheet set up for tracking some progress but it just seems so clunky.

Do any of you have methods that work well for you or is it sort of managed chaos?
These have helped me tremendously. I’ve got six of them on a shelve about 1’ above my workstation.

Akro-Mils 64 Drawer 10164, Plastic Parts Storage Hardware and Craft Cabinet, (20-Inch W x 6-Inch D x 16-Inch H), Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000LDH3J...abc_JH1CX4KZX0BWM0QB9N3W?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

So many good ideas! Thanks guys for sharing. For part buying I have been using a spreadsheet but I also don’t keep good track of inventory so I probably have way more resistors than I should...

Back