We using inches or millimeters around here? (Is there a PedalPCB standard for pot spacing?)

xefned

Hey friends,

I'm making a drill template for the Golden Falk.
My calipers are showing 1 inch height exactly between pots.
Is that correct, or should I be using mm? Or does it even matter? Close enough for rock and roll?
(I suppose the rounding error would be pretty small either way.) Just wanted to check with you more experienced folk before I send a drill template. Thanks.

inch-or-millipeter.png

EDIT: On 2nd thought, the rounding error is so ridiculously small it makes no odds. Carry on pretending like I didn't ask this... Tayda's drill tool only uses mm anyway.
ridic.png

Last edited:
When I’m pulling PedalPCB drill templates into Corel Draw to make Tayda drill templates, or if I’m designing enclosures and pot spacings for PCBs, I use millimeters.

Metric makes more sense to me.

When I was hardcore into brewing beer, I also used metric.

I use inches for the control layouts because that was the default setting in my PCB layout software when I started many years ago.

Metric would probably be a better choice since that's what the PCB fabricators and the Tayda drill tool use, but it's a little late to change now. :ROFLMAO:

Your measurements are correct. 1.3" horizontal and 1" vertical spacing (on center) between the pots.

Here's my Golden Falk drill template with a 3mm LED.
Move or resize the LED as desired.

UNCONFIRMED as of Feb. 9, 2022. But I will order one and confirm ASAP, (which could still take a while after drilling, painting, printing, and shipping.) Will update with a new thread when confirmed.

CONFIRMED. Drill template is perfect. Build thread forthcoming …
(Except for the LED, which is probably correct. I decided the placement clashed with my art so I moved it offboard.)

Last edited:
Back