What are the odds of a Deep Dish Compressor pcb?

Fretless

As a recent convert to the digital versions of the LA-2A, I do find myself wondering what the real deal with tubes would be like.

Not sure why the Deep Dish Compressor ended up being shelved as a SushiBox product, and people seemed to like the results from it. I realize it isn’t a part to part clone of the LA-2A. Hoping it might possibly be resurrected as a C2CE pcb. Is there any chance of it happening?

As a recent convert to the digital versions of the LA-2A, I do find myself wondering what the real deal with tubes would be like.

Not sure why the Deep Dish Compressor ended up being shelved as a SushiBox product, and people seemed to like the results from it. I realize it isn’t a part to part clone of the LA-2A. Hoping it might possibly be resurrected as a C2CE pcb. Is there any chance of it happening?
It was shelved not because it was a part for part clone of the LA-2A, but because it was almost a part for part clone of the Effectrode LA-1A.

I thought you axed one of the tubes tho

Actually after posting this and continuing to look into it all a bit more I discovered a possible reason, and did also wonder about Effectrode’s involvement in the shelving. Ah well, would have been nice.

This has me wondering the differences between the Black Finger and the Effectrode now 😁

I have seen some fairly basic tube compressor circuits, but there would be no point in making one if a basic $50 cheapie China pedal would sound better.
To make a great tube compressor could be a bit hard for some people, I am not a big fan of surface mount (yet).
It can be hard to not fall into the "it has a tube in it" rabbit hole, tubes are not always better.

Back