what could happen?

radam84

so I have a few random 8 pin IC's but the part numbers have been sanded off, I have a cheap RAT clone with a socketed 0p07. Would it be a bad idea to plug them into it just to see if they work, I figure doing this at least gives me an idea of what the pinout would be and makes them at least somewhat useful in some scenario.

Fairly sure the worst case is you fry the IC, Modern opamps tend to use the same pinout (assuming it is an opamp) , I can't imagine it messing with much else. But grain of salt with that, I'm no expert lol.

Fairly sure the worst case is you fry the IC, Modern opamps tend to use the same pinout (assuming it is an opamp) , I can't imagine it messing with much else. But grain of salt with that, I'm no expert lol.
if thats the case then thats great, if they fry then oh well cause I have no idea what they are anyways lol.

If you have one of of those cheap Chinese GM328 test units or a DMM, you should be able to sort if any of them are an LM308 with the measurements found on this diagram.View attachment 76028
Thats some good info. thanks man. I am happy enough with the 0p07 though. Im just curious what the unknown parts that I have might end up doing or sounding like lol.

I have that synthchaser one and it’s great. I could have built one cheaper I’m sure, but his ARP synth repair videos have been hugely valuable to me, so I was glad to be able to throw him a few bucks.

awesome thanks

I have that synthchaser one and it’s great. I could have built one cheaper I’m sure, but his ARP synth repair videos have been hugely valuable to me, so I was glad to be able to throw him a few bucks.
Think I might build one of these, havent looked into it yet but sounds promising. Chances are if I do make one that works Id probably buy one anyways in the end though lol.

Back