WURMLOCH

SYLV9ST9R

Here's the Wurmloch from Dead End FX

IMG_8017.jpg IMG_8015.jpg

From the build docs:
"The Wurmloch represent the DEFX take on the DBA The Flaming Lips Space Ring. We've added a clean circuit, as well as a blend option. Together, they allow for a much greater tonal palette. We also added the "Wormhole" option, which basically creates added crosstalk between the two ring modulators, adding even more diverse sound options."
Wow, this thing is MAD. It can basically be described as a Ring Modulator/distortion. Depending on the settings, it can do ring mod/dirty tremolo/straight up distortion and that's only from some quick playing since I finished it this afternoon.

I can’t express enough gratitude to the main man @Danbieranowski who sent me the board and the major parts.
We came on the forum around the same time, and always have encouraged each other, so I will try to make him proud with some heavy tones while using this.
I also want to thank another good fellow up in « La Vieille Capitale », @Dali, who stepped in like a boss and sent me a couple of 510Ω resistors in a pinch because I had mistakenly ordered 510K, and with that, I was able to finish the build…

The awesome art is courtesy of local artist and friend Anne-Marie Dumouchel who graciously let me use this piece, titled Curtain D for this pedal. I sent her a pic earlier today and we're both stoked about how it turned out. Hope you enjoy!

EDIT: demo in the thread below.

Last edited:
Somehow I managed to completely overlook that in all of my frequent browsing of the DEFX site. Just added it to my list of PCBs to order from them next— always been a fan of the Flaming Lips Ring Mod, and had previously planned on getting a PCB elsewhere, but these mods seem awesome, and I love DEFX stuff so…

Amazerballz graphic!

Switch wiring is superb!

+1 for Demo
+1 for DEFX-love

Gotta get this Wurmloch, but the PPCB sales keep obliterating funding for all DEFX. Maybe when I've got ALL the PPCB...

Congrats to you SYLV9ST9R, and all in your ring of co-conspirators, too!
But man do I hate wiring switches…
I’ll try to cook up a quick demo today as were leaving for vacation.

Very trippy indeed! Would love to hear a demo.
You knocked it out of the park Sylvester!
It's not surprising to hear the @Danbieranowski and @Dali had your back. :)
This is great. Thant graphic is bonkers - I think I might have had a seizure whilst looking at it. 😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫
Thanks guys!
Awesome!!! So glad it worked out. Looks fantastic too.
Couldn't have done it without you!!

Thanks for the GAS-inducing demo, the camera movement with the graphic, and the sounds... super trippy!
EDIT: I was typing this post as I listened to it again... gotta get this thing. End of the clip sounds like a fax machine, I've been lookin' for a way to do that!

Which lake? Enjoy the cottage.

Thanks for the GAS-inducing demo, the camera movement with the graphic, and the sounds... super trippy!
EDIT: I was typing this post as I listened to it again... gotta get this thing. End of the clip sounds like a fax machine, I've been lookin' for a way to do that!

Which lake? Enjoy the cottage.
Thanks, the camera movement was brought to you by my shitty “tripod” (iPhone on a old selfie stick Held in a mic stand…). From the little time I had with the pedal, I know it’s going to be fun, can’t wait to experiment when I get back.

Lac Théodore in the Laurentides in Québec. Lucky that my in-laws have this nice little cottage with access to a small beach.

Back