XC Phase toggle issue!

ATSirois

Hi!
Just put together XC Phase. Seems like half of it is working? The stage toggle doesnt seem to do much and the script turns off the sound when toggle one way. I do have a phase sound coming through that does react to the rate knob. Everything is matched too! Please help!!

Attachments

• E7AC7F00-2011-4C79-8B16-2EB2CE9D38CB.jpeg
    E7AC7F00-2011-4C79-8B16-2EB2CE9D38CB.jpeg
    532.4 KB · Views: 44
  • 5FCA1F93-7886-46CA-BAC4-72AA7FADA475.jpeg
    5FCA1F93-7886-46CA-BAC4-72AA7FADA475.jpeg
    468.5 KB · Views: 43
Reactions: fig
I would check the solder joints to R27.
i noticed your reply in this thread… maybe this still holds true?

Adjust the trim pot.. I finished mine a few weeks back and did the same thing. I adjusted the trim pot until I found the sweet spot. Go in small increments. Also I think one stage is subtle over the other.

I tried! I can’t get anything out if this pedal. I tried turning the trim slowly in all toggle positions. I faintly hear some noise but can’t produce sound. Such a disappointment! I’ve got some good parts $$ in this.

Please do! It’s weird how some people it’s been good and others haven’t
Mine turned out just fine, but I did have to remove some of the powder coat inside the enclosure to get a good ground on the jacks.

That picture was before I adjusted the trim pot. It’s set to about 10:00.

3195864A-7EE4-4C28-94EA-61515BADB06E.jpeg

Ah great job. Guess I gotta go back and keep trying at this one!

I was just getting mine boxed up and tested for my friend, and when I set it to 'Block' I'm getting some static and a weakish sound. It sounds great on 'Script' and '90' (both toggles facing inwards), while 45 is just ok. I guess I need to look over the Block section.

Similar thing happen to me. Sounded great on one setting, then no sound on the other. Now I have nothing
I was just playing around with it with my daughter and noticed something. When it was daisy chained with another pedal I was picking up the local AM radio station and got a bunch of static. Once I put it on a line by itself, it worked fine. I should check the mA ratings of what all was hooked up. It’s definitely a finicky one for some reason.

I know this is rehashing an old thread, but some observation:
The 45 side of things doesn’t exactly work correctly.
1. The feedback for the script/block option should be coming from the common side of 45/90 switch so it can be taken in and out of the loop, as such the way it is designed.
2. On a phase 45 the feedback comes back in on the investing input of stage 1, vs stage 2 on the 90. Would need to change to a dpdt switch to fix this (and I may do so when I get some long leg pots in to leave clearance for a handwired switch vs PCB mounted switch… but it would be proof of concept only, since I do not see myself using anything other than the phase 90 mode)

As such, script mode for the 45 works, but block will never work correctly as it is. The irony is, there never was a script phase 45, only block.

Again, I mean no disrespect , and if I’m missing something obvious, please let me know.

EDIT: I just tried a Phase 95 side by side with this build, and other than a slightly weaker phase (trim adjustment needed), the same behavior on the phase 45 setting is happening there. Confirming that the error is not on the P-PCB end, but rather a design flaw (or should I say, “cost driven design compromise”) on Dunlop!

Last edited:
Back