Yet another Magnetron

Paradox916

7091EDF6-4723-4446-8B23-FD31B78D4365.jpeg 92832EBA-4F32-4930-B817-8D7C1B9A7B36.jpeg

I definitely see the appeal to this pedal and definitely the oscillation switch(that’s all kinds of fun!) other than that I took more of a subtle approach to the aesthetics... nothing that hasn’t been covered in other build reports. But a great pedal and the oscillation momentary is a must... well worth the extra cost of parts which is only a couple of dollars.

I have been getting them from a seller on etsy but just checked and they don't have them now. There are a few sellers on ebay making clear acrylic washers who have options for requesting custom sizes.

That looks great!

I'm going to be building one of these myself in the near future and intend to do the same mod. I wasn't 100% sure what trimpot to use - do you have a link to a suitable one?

Thanks

I am glad this was bumped, or I'd have missed it.
Great build and I love the demo (especially the ending).
Thanks! I’m going to try and make videos of every build. I now hearing how a pedal sounds and what it can and can’t do. helps me decide which ones I want to build especially if mods are involved.

Really appreciate the demo video. I have this big list of pedals I want to build but it probably doesn't make much sense. Hearing more demos kind of helps. I've got a Clandestine preamp on the way and wonder if pairing this makes more sense.

Love the oscillation feature. Does anyone know if that could be built into the Hydra delay as well?

@Preverb

Reactions: fig

@Preverb
Thanks. Unless I understood wrong, there is no oscillation mod yet?

I wonder if I should consider the magnetron since it looks a bit simpler. Also, I wonder if it would make sense to have this with the secret preamp in a single pedal. I could have a toggle switch for the secret preamp because I think most people use it as an always on pedal. That way I could space the delay and oscillation footswitches apart more and keep the whole EP3 theme going.

There has been a couple conversations about oscillation mods to the hydra just dig through the modifications and build reports you will find them.

With the level knob turned all the way down, is there a noticeable difference between the bypass signal and the engaged signal?

With the level knob turned all the way down, is there a noticeable difference between the bypass signal and the engaged signal?
Not that I recall...and I played with the pedal through all the ranges. I built that one for someone so I don’t have it anymore.

Can you point me to the Oscillation mod you used? Sounds so good I’ll need to mod my Magnetron now. Thanks

Back