Zapper, Seabed & Blue Breaker

allsmoke

Been experimenting with my laser to find which works best for me.

First up, the seabed delay which I've renamed Sea Swell. Love this delay. Great variance from nice snappy slapback to weird trippy ambience.

Next, the Blue Breaker, which I renamed Purple Gain because I had the enclosure and because why not. This is a great low gain overdrive. Love to pair this with my spirit box and play blues. Just to push the clean sound a little. Based on the Marshall blues breaker.

Finally the Zapper, based on the Systech Harmonic Energizer. This is a very cool and weird effect. Kinda fuzz, kinda wah, kinda distortion, so I called it a Wah-stortion

For the finishes, on the Seaswell, I lasered off just the top of the powder coat so it looks like black text.
On the Purple Gain, I lasered all the paint off so it looks like silver under as its down to the bare aluminum.
On the Zapper, I found two color acrylic. I'll be doing this going forward. Cleaner and can cut the plate to suit any knob configuration. I'm hindsight, I should have had a greater radius on the corners, but apart from that, love this finish. Already have 5 different varieties coming (gold/black, silver/white, green/white, blue/white).

Attachments

• 20230513_184042.jpg
    20230513_184042.jpg
    571.1 KB · Views: 31
I've been in the Market for a laser but the choices are such a big range... which model did you get and what is the output wattage?

I have the Monport K40 Co2. Bit of a learning curve for me, and put a couple of hundred in upgrades into it, but have it dialed in nicely now I think.
Wow that’s affordable! I have access to an Epilog at work which is old but works fine for my needs.

Back