Unused pedals

I'd love to see the PCB of the Julia if you still have it. I've wanted to build one but have never found a schematic for it online.
I’ll try to take pictures in the morning and post. Luckily these are well designed and easy to unbox without desoldering anything. Gotta give em credit.

I know a several of these have already been traced but I had my full list typed out already and just copying and pasting it in. If any of these are worthwhile or haven't been traced, I'm happy to do whatever to help get them traced.

ManufacturerPedal Type
BossChorus Ensemble CE-5
BossCompression Sustainer CS-3
BossDistortion DS-1
BossFender '65 Deluxe Reverb Amp FDR-1
BossGiga Delay DD-20 Digital Delay
BossLoop Station RC-2
BossSlicer SL-20 Audio Pattern Processor
BossSuper OverDrive SD-1
BossTremelo TR-2
Caroline Guitar CompanyKilobyte
DigitechJimi Hendrix Experience Mulit Effects Pedal
DigitechWhammy 4thGen
Dirge ElectronicsSlowly Melting
DunlopJimi Hendrix Octavio JH-OC1
DunlopZakk Wylde Signature Wah ZW-45
Electro-HarmonixBig Muff Pi
Electro-HarmonixPOG
Emerson CustomPomeroy
Emerson CustomScranton Screamer
JoyoVoodoo Octave
Keeley AudioCaverns
MXR10 band EQ
MXRPhase 90
MXRSmart Gate
ProCoRat Distortion
TC ElectronicRusty Fuzz
Walrus AudioJulia Analog Chorus/Vibrato
Walrus AudioJupiter Mulit Clip Fuzz
Walrus AudioLuminary Quad Octave Generator
Way HugeBlue Hippo
ZvexDouble Rock

Walrus Julia please!

Here's the updated schematic. This is as good as it gets until someone measures the capacitors. I filled in my best guess for the capacitors. It will work with these values, but may not sound exactly the same as the Jupiter. YMMV.

View attachment 1850
I know this has probably been answered in several places but If I wanted to measure the capacitors, is there a particular setting I would use on the multi meter? I looked around but mostly found info on how to set if a capacitor was bad rather than measuring. I really need to read up on more of this stuff.

Unless your DMM has a dedicated capacitance function, you are outta luck. There is a transistor tester available on eBay for under $20 that has a capacitance measurement function. I have one and it rocks! Not all in-circuit capacitance measurements will be successful, depends on the surrounding components. I think in this case, most, if not all of them could be measured in-circuit.

Unless your DMM has a dedicated capacitance function, you are outta luck. There is a transistor tester available on eBay for under $20 that has a capacitance measurement function. I have one and it rocks! Not all in-circuit capacitance measurements will be successful, depends on the surrounding components. I think in this case, most, if not all of them could be measured in-circuit.

This looks to be the same, but for under $5?

Hey, thanks for taking these and helping more of us get our hands on these pedals.

Funny that you appreciate the things more that you built yourself... Sometimes you can only look at the world and wonder why more people don’t take pride in creating and building, rather than buying.

Hey, thanks for taking these and helping more of us get our hands on these pedals.

Funny that you appreciate the things more that you built yourself... Sometimes you can only look at the world and wonder why more people don’t take pride in creating and building, rather than buying.
I completely agree. I've got tons of pedals and a handful of guitars and even though some of the pedals and guitars are better, I only want to play the pedals and guitar I built. I just put together my first all built pedal board (aside from the power supply and tuner) and pretty excited about. Really grateful to this site for all the boards and helpful info!
Enlight99.PNG

I buy pedals if they're cheap enough just to find out what I like and what I don't. I build to other people's designs and I build to my own designs. Those last two are the most satisfying. Plugging the pedal in is almost anticlimatic sometimes...

DVMs: cheap DVMs with a capacitance measurement feature are not as good as the $18 transistor tester I mentioned above. That's not as good as a $1K impedance bridge. I don't actually know what process the transistor tester uses to measure capacitance. Time to run some experiments...

If you're seeing a transistor tester for under $5, read it again. The plastic case is $4. You have to select the model you want. An assembled board with an unassembled case is $17.94.

Sweet pedal board! Even the wood is tasty! That is way too nice to put your boot on, better play it barefoot. Just make sure you have a good ground. o_O

Back