More of a warning than a question - don't buy JFETs from adeleparts2010 on eBay

Chuck D. Bones

Circuit Wizard
I was warned about these guys but decided to roll the dice anyway. They came up snake-eyes.

What I ordered: 100 PF5102s
What I got: some BJTs that were falsely labeled PF5102. The real deal is on the left, counterfeit part is on the right.

bogus PF5102 on the right - 02.jpg

Here's the test data for the counterfeit part.
Fugazi PF5102 02.jpg

I have already requested a refund/return. Let's see how long the seller can delay responding.

I paid via PayPal, so between them & eBay's buyer protection policy I'm covered.

It’s crazy when after you tell the people it’s fake they’re allowed to keep them up there…
With diodes most people never even know…

The guy who sold me those diodes took them down immediately after i told him they were fake…
He said he had sold them to a couple different pedal parts vendors and they sold out of them and no one ever knew the difference…

I think I’ve got those same fakes before from somewhere else too. Shit gets so discouraging. There’s definitely purchases I know are a gamble and am fine with that but the ones I think are certain that are fake fuck me up so bad. A recent gamble on analog multipliers paid off well recently though at least :/

The guy who sold me those diodes took them down immediately after i told him they were fake…
He said he had sold them to a couple different pedal parts vendors and they sold out of them and no one ever knew the difference…

Which diodes were you trying to buy and how'd you know they were fake?

They’re close

All my 4148/916 measure like .55 and all the real 1588’s I’ve had were more around .70

Reactions: fig
Interesting. I have about 50 I bought from Chromesphere over on Madbean about 6/7 years ago. I'll have to measure then vs my 1n4148. Are you measuring at around 1mA with a DMM or with a component tester? I think a lot of those measure diodes with a much higher current

6 or 7 years ago i don’t think they were that rare…
I could get them up until recently …

I measured it with a couple different meters…
And Chuck helped confirm with this method….

Attachments

• 6B0CCC88-4F6C-4571-AE58-6337069CCEC7.jpeg
    6B0CCC88-4F6C-4571-AE58-6337069CCEC7.jpeg
    408.5 KB · Views: 27
6 or 7 years ago i don’t think they were that rare…
I could get them up until recently …

No I just liked them as clippers ( the colour was cool) and Chromesphere had a much better price vs pedalhacker who was selling them for about $1.00 each so I bought 100 and have about 50ish left.

No I just liked them as clippers ( the colour was cool) and Chromesphere had a much better price vs pedalhacker who was selling them for about $1.00 each so I bought 100 and have about 50ish left.

Well I don’t know for 100% but I’m pretty sure pedalhacker got those from that same guy I was talking about on eBay…
I’ve never seen 2 band 1S1588’s… I’ve seen them with a black band…
I saw a couple sites with these 2 band ones (PH being one) and I was thinking maybe they were real…
But I don’t think 1S1588 ever even were made with two bands..

Well I don’t know for 100% but I’m pretty sure pedalhacker got those from that same guy I was talking about on eBay…
I’ve never seen 2 band 1S1588’s… I’ve seen them with a black band…
I saw a couple sites with these 2 band ones (PH being one) and I was thinking maybe they were real…
But I don’t think 1S1588 ever even were made with two bands..

No I've never seen 1s1588 with two bands either.

I didn't know pedalhacker was selling dual band ones either. Though he was selling mas858 as Ma856 and when they ran out he started selling 1SS133 as Ma856 so I'm not surprised.

Back