DOD Death Metal

SYLV9ST9R

This is a clone of the DOD FX86b Death Metal Distortion on a board from my buddy Matt at Dirt Monger Instruments.
It adds a knob for the Gain (where the OG was always dimmed), and a buffer to tame the noise when everything's maxed.
I quickly tried it and found it well articulated, and was happy that the eq knobs actually did something. Not that much range, but cut and boost certain frequency very well, so you can get a nice array of different tones. I imagine with hotter humbuckers, this thing is probably way more brutal (I play a Strat with low/med output pickups).
Had fun on the design, and went with all black hardware for that angry metalhead look!
Tayda UV on their Metallic Gold finish.

IMG_2014.jpg
IMG_2010.jpg IMG_2012.jpg

Last edited:
This is a clone of the DOD FX86b Death Metal Distortion on a board from my buddy Matt at Dirt Monger Instruments.
It adds a knob for the Gain (where the OG was always dimmed), and a buffer to tame the noise when everything's maxed.
I quickly tried it and found it well articulated, and was happy that the eq knobs actually did something. Not that much range, but cut and boost certain frequency very well, so you can get a nice array of different tones. I imagine with hotter hum buckers, this thing is probably way more brutal (I play a Strat with low/med output pickups).
Had fun on the design, and went with all black hardawre for that angry metalhead look!
Tayda UV on their Metallic Gold finish.

View attachment 37063
View attachment 37061View attachment 37062
Awesome!!
I was just eyeballing this and the Grunge. Those more extreme DOD pedals were tons of fun when I was younger, hoping to see if that still holds true

Wonderful work. I see you didn't go with the original names. Guts Pain Scream and R.I.P..
I'm thinking those dirt monger pcbs could fit in the original DOD enclosure. I may have to dig out the busted one I have. The tactile switch crapped out.
Thanks for the inspiration.

Wonderful work. I see you didn't go with the original names. Guts Pain Scream and R.I.P..
I'm thinking those dirt monger pcbs could fit in the original DOD enclosure. I may have to dig out the busted one I have. The tactile switch crapped out.
Thanks for the inspiration.
This is inside a 1590 BB2, so not the smallest pcbs.
Those DOD names were bonkers, I stuck to a more traditional approach ;).
Man Nick, that is amazing. Inside is 🚿🧼 and that enclosure is 🥵💅🍇
Thanks bud! The only thing that bugs me is the EQ labels could be a hair lower, but I'm very pleased by the result ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: fig
Back