'Lectric Mama Flanger / Electric Ladyland

Brett

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
This board was generously sent to me by @fig along with a couple others (those build reports will be soon to follow).

Thank you to @Chuck D. Bones (circuit design), @cooder (PCB design), and @fig (for being such an awesome, generous dude!).

The board is a bit tight and I had to get creative with assembly in some areas, but I don't think there's much choice when trying to pack this large of a circuit into a 125b.

First of all, this thing is wild. I've only spent 15-20 minutes with it so far and I can really see this being a fun pedal to spend some time with!

Thank you too all involved in this project, I'm very much looking forward to learning all the ins and outs with it!

IMG_1609.JPG
IMG_1603.JPG IMG_1608.JPG

Excellent work, Brett. I'm guessing the Tayda drill pattern worked out fine?
Thank you!

Not quite, let me make a couple adjustments before you order an enclosure with that drill template. The DC jack drill needs to be moved so it doesn’t interfere with the depth pot.

Thank you!

Not quite, let me make a couple adjustments before you order an enclosure with that drill template. The DC jack drill needs to be moved so it doesn’t interfere with the depth pot.
I was wondering about that exact thing, getting the DC jack in the right place is an artform in itself.

I was wondering about that exact thing, getting the DC jack in the right place is an artform in itself.
This one shouldn't be too bad, I just need to move it closer to the bottom of the enclosure. Which jack are you planning on using?

This one shouldn't be too bad, I just need to move it closer to the bottom of the enclosure. Which jack are you planning on using?
In that pedal, the basic small two prong jack. EDIT: I prefer the larger ones, but I'll use the smaller ones if space is an issue.

Attachments

• S1230da4b00ee4e1489e2d8770b66ba9bh.jpg
    S1230da4b00ee4e1489e2d8770b66ba9bh.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 1
In that case, I've adjusted the template to move that jack 1.6mm further towards the bottom.

You should be good to go with the linked template.
Outstanding work. Many thanks. And, again, yours looks great.

Er, except the link isn't working for me.

Outstanding work. Many thanks. And, again, yours looks great.
Thank you @DAJE, please let me know once you get the enclosure and can confirm it worked out.

In case you're building the others, here's a template for the MOSFET Driver Redux (CowPoker):
*This one has been adjusted so that the toggle switch is in the correct position.

And the FET/Germanium Boost (Mountain Oyster Boost):

Just be sure that you change the DC jack size to 8.1mm diameter if you're using that smaller DC jack.

Edit:
I should also mention that the LED drill size is sized for one of the 5mm lampshade style bezels (like these: https://www.taydaelectronics.com/leds/led-holders-bezels/5mm-led-lampshade-protector-clear.html).

You'll want to adjust that drill hole size to whatever LED/bezel you plan to use.

Last edited:
Thank you @DAJE, please let me know once you get the enclosure and can confirm it worked out.

In case you're building the others, here's a template for the MOSFET Driver Redux (CowPoker):

And the FET/Germanium Boost (Mountain Oyster Boost):
I think you're sending edit links rather than share links, so they're not coming through, I'm just getting errors.
Just be sure that you change the DC jack size to 8.1mm diameter if you're using that smaller DC jack.
Will do.

Oops... Check the links in the post above again. Sorry about that.
The original one for the Mama is still not working.
I should also mention that the LED drill size is sized for one of the 5mm lampshade style bezels (like these: https://www.taydaelectronics.com/leds/led-holders-bezels/5mm-led-lampshade-protector-clear.html).

You'll want to adjust that drill hole size to whatever LED/bezel you plan to use.
I've tweaked a few templates to my own preferences, and I'm a bit OCD, so I haven't had a problem so far.

The original one for the Mama is still not working.

I've tweaked a few templates to my own preferences, and I'm a bit OCD, so I haven't had a problem so far.
I shouldn't be allowed on the computer in the morning, lol. It should be fixed.

Back