Spillway Vibrato ?

There have been a few setbacks on this one, I just never could get the algorithms to where I was happy with them.
Things have changed and new developments mean that it's going to be better than planned. The setbacks were a blessing in disguise.

Does this by any remote chance suggest you might going with Electro-Smith's "Daisy Petal" (or some variant thereof) instead? (I've been watching that site for the release of their new audio processing rigs.)

Yes. I have the Petal for development purposes, the boards here will use the Seed module.

After bit more research, I understand now that the "Seed" IS the heart of "Daisy" system. If you don't mind, what platform and development software are you using with your 'Seed'? (I'm looking for a Windows GUI app to work with developing for the Daisy. Still searching on my own too.)

Yep, that's correct. The Seed is the DSP. All of the other products have a Seed plugged into them, they're basically just interfaces.

I'm on a Windows PC. Doing all of the development in C++, no graphical tools. Compiling / flashing via the command line.
Eventually I want to get everything set up in Visual Studio, but for now it's working just fine.

You can apparently use PureData and Max/Msp, but I've vowed not to touch anything graphical this time around...

I already had a fair amount of experience with C++ so take this with a grain of salt, but I'd highly recommend attempting to learn to write code. You'll have a much better understanding of what's going on, and I suspect there will be more peer support going in that direction as well.

Yep, that's correct. The Seed is the DSP. All of the other products have a Seed plugged into them, they're basically just interfaces.

I'm on a Windows PC. Doing all of the development in C++, no graphical tools. Compiling / flashing via the command line.
Eventually I want to get everything set up in Visual Studio, but for now it's working just fine.

You can apparently use PureData and Max/Msp, but I've vowed not to touch anything graphical this time around...

I already had a fair amount of experience with C++ so take this with a grain of salt, but I'd highly recommend attempting to learn to write code. You'll have a much better understanding of what's going on, and I suspect there will be more peer support going in that direction as well.

Thanks for all of that. I have decades of programming experience with MS products, using VB, VBA, ASP, PHP & HTML after being introduced to Fortran in college. The 'C' language eludes me as did calculus. I may go with an Arduino approach and the Daisy elements found on GitHub for Electro-Smith. Just to reduce the learning curve.

Regarding the Daisy... that sounds awesome, very exciting stuff. I had been eyeing it for getting into diy digital synth stuff, but seems awesome for guitar pedals after reading this thread.

Regarding vibrato fv-1, I posted a real simple code on the algorithms forum over at the spin semi forum today. I think it sounds real nice, obviously not as involved as the EQD aqueduct or whatever daisy projects are coming down the pipe.

Sorry for the extra demand, but do you know whether you're going full-on with the Daisy vibrato instead of the fv-1, or will the latter also be made available in due time?
Thanks in advance.

Back