Is Tayda Slow for Anybody Recently?

BuddytheReow

Breadboard Baker
Made a Tayda order just over a week ago and I still don't have any changes in delivery with USPS other than the shipping label has been created. I'm itching to keep building! Anybody else notice they are a little slow or is it just me?

Tayda has always been slow for me. I'm in the upper peninsula of the upper peninsula of MI and the faster I've ever gotten anything from Tayda is 4 weeks. Only ever once from them, on a large order, when I used the 2-day shipping, did it get here within 2 weeks. They may not be fast, but they sure are cheap.

Weird, I'm in Minnesota and I always get my orders within a week from Tayda using the cheapest USPS option. They haven't let me down yet after hundreds of orders.

The last few times I ordered with Tayda I placed larger orders, large to me is 3 to 4 pedals worth of parts, and I paid up for the fast UPS shipping. Everything came within a week, I'm in lower Michigan. I always find it interesting to watch on the UPS app the different countries the package goes through, and how fast it is when you think about the distance. Of the three times I have paid up for the fast shipping one time it when through Hong Kong then Alaska, but the other two times it when to India then Germany then here.

Made a Tayda order just over a week ago and I still don't have any changes in delivery with USPS other than the shipping label has been created. I'm itching to keep building! Anybody else notice they are a little slow or is it just me?
They usually ship from Thailand to their Colorado location, then the Colorado guys ship to you, but they print up the USPS label right away so there is always a few days to a week before it actually starts tracking because it has to get to Colorado first. At least that is what I experienced when using the slow shipping.

They usually ship from Thailand to their Colorado location, then the Colorado guys ship to you, but they print up the USPS label right away so there is always a few days to a week before it actually starts tracking because it has to get to Colorado first. At least that is what I experienced when using the slow shipping.
Agreed on this, but seems real slow to go from Thailand to Colorado. Maybe its the cold snap we've got going on in the country?

Agreed on this, but seems real slow to go from Thailand to Colorado. Maybe its the cold snap we've got going on in the country?
I have heard that Europe has issues with delays, it could have been delayed there. Who knows. Unless you reach out to Tayda and they respond all you can do it wait. The USPS here also still has slow spots. Next order pay the extra 5-8 bucks and enjoy what the price of a few cups of coffee gets you. I know the felling, that's why I have been paying up. I hate waiting for shit.

It was just lunar new year, so I'd be surprised if they were open at all through the festival. There was even a banner on their website somewhere saying there would be a few days delay in processing orders

The last time I ordered (January) it was slower than average, where average has been about just over a week (to CA), and this shipment took about two weeks. Nevertheless, I've always been impressed with their speed considering the distance (and the fact that my orders all have a large variety of a small number of components to be individually wrapped and labeled in pink bags).

Also the updates have never been consistent with the order. Once I received a "your package has just shipped" update after I already received the package.

I usually use DHL when I buy from Tayda and it ships quickly.

I did a smaller order last week on the 13th, though, and because it was smaller I didn't want to pay the DHL price for shipping so I selected USPS. The label was created on the 13th (maybe that's automated?) but it didn't actually ship until the 20th and should arrive tomorrow.

I'm used to them getting here in a few days with DHL, so this seems like a significant slow-down, but it's hard to judge because it's a different shipping method. I'm just wondering why it took it so much longer to pack than the DHL order. Maybe because the shipping time is longer so they can prioritize faster delivery methods? Either way it's a bit of a bummer to have your order sat on for a week. I'll just wait for my orders to be large enough to justify shipping with DHL from now on because the USPS packaging time is a drag.

Currently building a bunch of stripboard circuits. Currently out of a lot of common capacitors (1n, 10n, etc.) and common resistors. I have some pots coming as well. Going to be pulling the trigger on the parenthesis fuzz shortly and get that one going too. On my to do list

Do they keep a warehouse full of stuff in CO? My theory is that if they have everything you order in CO, it comes quickly, otherwise they have to wait for certain items to come in from Thailand. I could be totally off on that. I’m in MD and I always get my stuff pretty quickly, within 2 weeks usually.

I think they keep local stock (US) but with the recent weather it's got to be a huge impact. They've been a few days slower here in Chicago but still pretty timely.

Funny thing. I decided to double check the status before I went to bed last night and the status changed to "Accepted". 8 calendar days from when I placed my order. Now I hope it gets here by the weekend. Fingers crossed

Do they keep a warehouse full of stuff in CO? My theory is that if they have everything you order in CO, it comes quickly, otherwise they have to wait for certain items to come in from Thailand. I could be totally off on that. I’m in MD and I always get my stuff pretty quickly, within 2 weeks usually.

The most recent order I made which is taking longer than usual is coming from Colorado. Most orders Iv'e made have come from Thailand and those orders have gotten here surprisingly fast (west cost USA).

Back