Is Tayda Slow for Anybody Recently?

It's usually been around 3 days for me as well, except this time. I placed the order last Saturday and it's supposed to ship on Monday next week. Not too bad, but certainly slower than usual.

Tayda order not going through.

I have tried a few times to pay for the order on their website, I input my payment data and click continue, the spinning wheel comes up, but then right back to the payment page with no confirmation. I check my visa card, no charge. I turned off my add blocker, and tried again, no luck. I tried a different search engine, no luck. There are no orders in my account on their website... I contacted customer service to see what is going on?

All that work to fill out an order and I might be headed to Mouser or Digikey hahahaha.

I have tried a few times to pay for the order on their website, I input my payment data and click continue, the spinning wheel comes up, but then right back to the payment page with no confirmation. I check my visa card, no charge. I turned off my add blocker, and tried again, no luck. I tried a different search engine, no luck. There are no orders in my account on their website... I contacted customer service to see what is going on?

All that work to fill out an order and I might be headed to Mouser or Digikey hahahaha.
I kinda had problems like that a few orders ago. Payment wouldn't go through, after 4 or 5 tries, simply because I had fractions of a penny in my order and PayPal only took whole pennies. To fix it I think I added an extra capacitor or something to even it out and worked just fine.

Tayda has some fine print in their PayPal payment process. They specificy to manually round up to the next full penny if the Tayda order total has three digits in the 'cents' column.

I usually get my Tayda stuff in a week or so, Colorado to Seattle. My recent order was sitting as "Shipping label created/USPS awaiting pickup" for the last 14 days until it finally started moving today.

I usually get my Tayda stuff in a week or so, Colorado to Seattle. My recent order was sitting as "Shipping label created/USPS awaiting pickup" for the last 14 days until it finally started moving today.
When that happens I usually assume they ship the order overseas to Colorado. That usually takes a week minimum. Then I start seeing the package move.

I ordered from Tayda last week, and there was a notice that there was a local holiday that may slow down orders for a few days. I’ve also seen that they are dealing with a pretty bad drought over there, which also might be slowing things down a bit.

Now I only can choose Drill Service for 125B, Tayda stop using Drill Service for other enclosures?

Look Drill Service tool, I can't choose :/

Now I only can choose Drill Service for 125B, Tayda stop using Drill Service for other enclosures?

Look Drill Service tool, I can't choose :/
Might have been a problem with the site. All enclosure type available for me under the Custom Drill Service.

Anecdote: Tayda is warning about holiday delays, but i placed an order last night, DHL reported it received 2 hours later. We'll see how this anecdote pans out...

My previous slow-boat order 2 weeks ago took 7 days to SE USA.

ps. @mjh36 at first i thought your avatar was Yngwie Malmsteen. He probably likes donuts...

Anecdote: Tayda is warning about holiday delays, but i placed an order last night, DHL reported it received 2 hours later. We'll see how this anecdote pans out...

ps. @mjh36 at first i thought your avatar was Yngwie Malmsteen. He probably likes donuts...
The whole country basically shuts down for a week to celebrate Songkran, their new year. Tayda is a small company (I think about 25 employees?) and while they couldn't know how many orders we'd make in that week, they did know orders would be delayed "somewhat".

Besides, the swag they include is awesome!

Might have been a problem with the site. All enclosure type available for me under the Custom Drill Service.

I see all of the enclosure types on the product pages, but the drill design tool only has 125B as an option.

I just used this for a 1590BB about a week ago, so I know it was working properly then.

Bangkok to Cincinnati via Hong Kong in 16 hours.
(assuming that DHL converted all times to a single time zone...)
Now on hold in Cincinnati.

A quick back-of-napkin says my piddly-ass order traveled at 880 km/hr. 🚀

Gramps: "I see the problem. It's America!"

Last edited:

Haha it is Yngwie. There's a video on Youtube and he apparently HATES donuts.

I forgot about my last order and 2 weeks later it hadn't moved at all in tracking. I emailed Tayda and the next day it was moving. I think my order slipped through the cracks or something? Lol At least I wasn't in a hurry for the parts.

Back