Adapter ring to make 1590BB enclosure deeper (STEP file download in thread)

ADAOCE

I like that Tayda offers powder coated 1590BB enclosures but wish they were the slightly deeper BBM size. Decided to make up an adapter ring to sit between lid and box to give some extra room. It’s just 3D printed for now but maybe I’ll machine these on the mill especially to make a deeper 1590B. For now this just helps with a certain build I’m doing.

Attachments

• F136F85F-4237-405A-887E-62E6E4641D4C.png
    F136F85F-4237-405A-887E-62E6E4641D4C.png
    58.5 KB · Views: 31
  • 2AE67FA1-DFF0-487B-8886-BC8ABD0DE5D8.png
    2AE67FA1-DFF0-487B-8886-BC8ABD0DE5D8.png
    14.4 KB · Views: 28
You need a friend.....one without a milling machine....I know a guy....:rolleyes:

Great idea!
Hahah well by saying I will machine it I really mean my brother but I’m always game for making friends!

I’m always trying to come up with things for us to make for the pedal world but they are far too often just not economically feasible but this may work!

another project I have is making milled aluminum faceplates for pedals. Hoping to get that done soon but I’ve barely had time to build pedals

Just use longer screws on the corners? 3-D templates for rings for standard size enclosures is a good idea for those "oops" builds where there was perhaps a tiny miscalculation on the cap sizes or something.

Just use longer screws on the corners? 3-D templates for rings for standard size enclosures is a good idea for those "oops" builds where there was perhaps a tiny miscalculation on the cap sizes or something.
Yup exactly just a longer 6-32. Screws will keep the lid grounded and I doubt that the spacer will let in much noise.

Reactions: fig
This will make my next build easier for Jack clearance but the thing I didn’t think of is how close the Electrolytic caps would be to the lid. Also makes working with off board pots easier because you have more room

I like that Tayda offers powder coated 1590BB enclosures but wish they were the slightly deeper BBM size. Decided to make up an adapter ring to sit between lid and box to give some extra room. It’s just 3D printed for now but maybe I’ll machine these on the mill especially to make a deeper 1590B. For now this just helps with a certain build I’m doing.
I was thinking the same thing. -- this should be an option.

That’s a very good idea, easy to run out of headroom with too-tall electrolytic caps with the bb enclosures. I’m too used to the depth of the 125b’s.

I’ll share the file soon and you can do whatever you want with it. Maybe I’ll print a bunch and send them out to whoever wants them too

Clever Idea to get you out of trouble with standard tayda1590BB with one shop purchasing.
Maybe in black for that drag stripe look!

You can purchase 1590bbs

Last edited:
Clever Idea to get you out of trouble with standard tayda1590BB with one shop purchasing.
Maybe in black for that drag stripe look!

You can purchase 1590bbs
I’ve thought about this and would probably just buy these if I could get them from tayda with all the powder coat options. I feel like taydas powder coat quality has been getting better and better.

Back