Question about webstore reviews

finebyfine

Just curious if filling these out is beneficial to you for SEO or something other than their practical/informational purpose @PedalPCB. Most of mine would be pretty minimal but if it’s something that’s good for the shop I’m more than happy to start submitting them as I’m browsing.

The star rating on each product page is based on the reviews, so it helps in that respect.

I don't know if it has any impact on SEO since a site could bias their own reviews, but feedback (good or bad) isn't a bad thing. I've made adjustments to a few projects over the years based on feedback in the reviews.

The reviews are also a pretty good indicator that a project has been successfully built [x] number of times if/when someone has an issue.

Aside from that, if it's convenient to you, absolutely... but don't stress over it.

The star rating on each product page is based on the reviews, so it helps in that respect.

I don't know if it has any impact on SEO since a site could bias their own reviews, but feedback (good or bad) isn't a bad thing. I've made adjustments to a few projects over the years based on feedback in the reviews.

The reviews are also a pretty good indicator that a project has been successfully built [x] number of times if/when someone has an issue.

Aside from that, if it's convenient to you, absolutely... but don't stress over it.
In that case, may I suggest (if it’s even possible) having the current 1-5 rating system as well as a 1-5 difficulty rating that reviewers can also fill out?

That way you don’t have people knocking certain effects just because they were too difficult (they would just rate it a 5 difficulty and leave the regular rating blank), and it would also mean people could leave a 5 star rating and only a 1 difficulty which conveys that it’s an easy but very worthwhile project, or a 4 on difficulty and a 2 star rating, which suggests that it’s a tricky build that ultimately doesn’t quite live up to their expectations, etc, etc, etc...

Both would be optional (as in you can leave either field blank, or fill out both!) so people can have their review reflect their judgement as accurately as possible (maybe they bought the PCB for their buddy to build for them, so they can’t judge the difficulty; or they never could get it working, so they can’t judge the sound)

I appreciate thoughtfully written reviews from people who've completed the build.

I know that's not what you're asking (SEO) but I should endeavor to go back and leave positive reviews for every PedalPCB project I've completed. It's on my to-do list.

Do we need a separate account from the forums to log in to the store in order to leave reviews? When I try to leave a review, it says I have to log in as a customer, when I do that, it tells me my username is not recognized.

Last edited:
Do we need a separate account from the the forums to log in to the store in order to leave reviews? When I try to leave a review, it says I have to log in as a customer, when I do that, it tells me my username is not recognized.
Your forum user and website user are not the same. If you have different passwords then that would be the cause.

In that case, may I suggest (if it’s even possible) having the current 1-5 rating system as well as a 1-5 difficulty rating that reviewers can also fill out?

That way you don’t have people knocking certain effects just because they were too difficult (they would just rate it a 5 difficulty and leave the regular rating blank), and it would also mean people could leave a 5 star rating and only a 1 difficulty which conveys that it’s an easy but very worthwhile project, or a 4 on difficulty and a 2 star rating, which suggests that it’s a tricky build that ultimately doesn’t quite live up to their expectations, etc, etc, etc...

Both would be optional (as in you can leave either field blank, or fill out both!) so people can have their review reflect their judgement as accurately as possible (maybe they bought the PCB for their buddy to build for them, so they can’t judge the difficulty; or they never could get it working, so they can’t judge the sound)
This seems like a good idea.

Back