Which OPA2134?

zachlovescoffee

Hello!

Checking out Mouser and Digikey there are so many variants of the OPA2134z this chip is required for the PedalPCB Ember.

Does anyone have a suggestion on which one(s) to get? The pcb needs three and they are kind of pricey so I want to get it right the first time.

Thanks!

OPA2134PA should be fine (and probably most common).
And wow those are pricey for an IC.

OPA2134PA is what you're after if you want the standard 8pin DIP chip.

I did this years ago, but I reached out to the makers of a variety of chips and asked politely for some samples. I explained that I was a DIY-er and it was surprising how many companies responded and sent me a padded envelope of 10. Like I said, it was years ago and I can't recall who exactly I reached out to, but it may be worth a try. I suppose that the companies are very willing to get their products in the hands of makers, no matter how small their operations may be.

I did this years ago, but I reached out to the makers of a variety of chips and asked politely for some samples. I explained that I was a DIY-er and it was surprising how many companies responded and sent me a padded envelope of 10. Like I said, it was years ago and I can't recall who exactly I reached out to, but it may be worth a try. I suppose that the companies are very willing to get their products in the hands of makers, no matter how small their operations may be.
I did the same a few years ago. Got some samples from TI and others. Totally worth a shot. You may not get exactly the part number you need but you may be able to get general purpose parts that can work as replacements.

They will both work. Get the cheaper one.
Right. I’ve already tried both (made the mistake of purchasing the more expensive one). Was just curious how/if it would effect a circuit that calls for the LT1054. While I didn’t hear any audible difference, I was curious if there would be.

It seems to me that the CP is from Texas Instruments and the CN from Linear Technology but they are essentially the same.

It seems to me that the CP is from Texas Instruments and the CN from Linear Technology but they are essentially the same.
True story here.

My company did a remodel for analog devices a while back. It was...ah...not a fun one. Remodels rarely are.

Buttttt....I noticed one day that when I looked at the job folder on our server, my company iphone 5c had shortened the folder name to "anal...vices"

And that made it all worth it.

Back