Tayda Shipping

Bad news from Tayda, they turned off the standard shipping option. I hope they will find a solution asap cause the biggest issue is paying expensive taxes etc if the package comes with DHL Express and UPS to EU. Here is the message from them:

Unfortunately just recently postal service over here has increased their price a lot and become even more expensive than express services. Therefore we had to turn off Standard Shipping option for now. We are working on finding more solutions.
We apologize for any inconvenience. Thank you for your patience.
Best Regards,
JEMIE
Thanks for that, I was wondering and just sent them an email earlier this afternoon.
Its been like that for a couple weeks for Canada, I asked the question and received the same answer as ntuncer. I was going to place a small order but with DHL express it just does not make sense, I'll need to wait until my order becomes a bit bigger.
Indeed, with the order I had (parts and enclosures for 4 pedal), it will likely add 10$ per pedal with the clearance fees. It will get here quickly, but I don't mind the wait with the regular service.

Btw DHL is an option for shipping atm with Tadya. I guess it got resolved? Sorry if I missed this I kinda skimmed the thread.

Thanks for that, I was wondering and just sent them an email earlier this afternoon.

Indeed, with the order I had (parts and enclosures for 4 pedal), it will likely add 10$ per pedal with the clearance fees. It will get here quickly, but I don't mind the wait with the regular service.
I was thinking of self clearing to save their brokerage fee, however that means I need to go to the airport to clear which depending on my schedule can also be a pain. However you would still have the 13% tax and 6% customs on top of the $15.00 shipping, so on a $100 order you can tack on 35% if you self clear if not you would be closer to 75% if the brokerage is $40.00 as some people have claimed.

I don’t think I’ve ever been hit with customs fees for an international purchase. Haven’t ordered from Tayda at all in over a year and a half though— anything change in that time making customs fees tougher, or have I just been lucky?

I don’t think I’ve ever been hit with customs fees for an international purchase. Haven’t ordered from Tayda at all in over a year and a half though— anything change in that time making customs fees tougher, or have I just been lucky?
Depends where you live. In the US I think DHL only makes you pay if the shipment value is over $500, which I didn't know until I placed a $1100 PCB order and found out I had to pay about $150 in customs for the shipment to be released. Now I order designs 2-3 at a time instead of waiting to get a bunch at once. I think my biggest Tayda order ever was like $400, no customs fee on that one.

For Canada, it was about 30$ for a 100/150 order. During the early days of the pandemic, DHL was also the only option so I learned to live with it. I will consolidate the 2 orders I was going to make in the coming month it seems…

For Canada, it was about 30$ for a 100/150 order. During the early days of the pandemic, DHL was also the only option so I learned to live with it. I will consolidate the 2 orders I was going to make in the coming month it seems…

I can't believe the couriers still get away with that brokerage fee from US to Canada. I can get stuff shipped to Australia with no issues in terms of clearance. Now that pedalpcb doesn't have a cheap option for shipping to Aus, I looked into sending something to a relative in BC. But my brother thinks there might be duty to pay and that BS brokerage fee. I may as well send the package here using a fast / expensive priority shipping option...

Btw DHL is an option for shipping atm with Tadya. I guess it got resolved? Sorry if I missed this I kinda skimmed the thread.
At least for UK and EU, there were 2 different DHL options, DHL standard and DHL express. Standard one is disabled currently which comes from via post office.

I can't believe the couriers still get away with that brokerage fee from US to Canada. I can get stuff shipped to Australia with no issues in terms of clearance. Now that pedalpcb doesn't have a cheap option for shipping to Aus, I looked into sending something to a relative in BC. But my brother thinks there might be duty to pay and that BS brokerage fee. I may as well send the package here using a fast / expensive priority shipping option...
I just had a look at shipping from PPCB to Aus; any more than 2 PCBs in the cart and it defaults to AUD$66-ish for postage. I guess I shouldn't hurry to finish the two PCBs I have, 'cause I ain't buying any more till that improves. Assuming it ever does, post-lockdown world might well mean sadistic postal charges will kill international shopping.

I just had a look at shipping from PPCB to Aus; any more than 2 PCBs in the cart and it defaults to AUD$66-ish for postage. I guess I shouldn't hurry to finish the two PCBs I have, 'cause I ain't buying any more till that improves. Assuming it ever does, post-lockdown world might well mean sadistic postal charges will kill international shopping.
I think he fixed that now. Mine gives an option for the shipping now. I am actually looking at forwarding companies like myus.com and hopshopgo. I have a few items I want to buy and some parts are hard to find in Aus. I figure this stuff all weighs next to nothing and the size is small so they should be able to combine it all into a box for shipping.

I think he fixed that now. Mine gives an option for the shipping now. I am actually looking at forwarding companies like myus.com and hopshopgo. I have a few items I want to buy and some parts are hard to find in Aus. I figure this stuff all weighs next to nothing and the size is small so they should be able to combine it all into a box for shipping.
Good thinking. You may or may not get slugged with the GST, though. Not really sure how they enforce that on items from forwarding companies.

USPS has suspended most deliveries to Australia and New Zealand, the only ones going through are priority express packages, which are super expensive. I sell the occasional pedal to that part of the world and I've had to cancel a couple orders because priority express international is somewhere around $70 USD just for a single pedal in a small box. I haven't found any cheaper method (UPS, FedEx and DHL were absurdly expensive) but also haven't really looked at any forward companies.

One Australian customer requested that I build his pedal anyway and just hold onto it until shipping opens back up so it's sitting on a shelf now, but if there are any reasonable forwarding companies out there it would save the wait.

EDIT: just looked at packagehopper.myus.com looks like I can get a pedal from Chicago to Australia for about $30, only $5 more than I used to pay pre-COVID.

USPS has suspended most deliveries to Australia and New Zealand, the only ones going through are priority express packages, which are super expensive. I sell the occasional pedal to that part of the world and I've had to cancel a couple orders because priority express international is somewhere around $70 USD just for a single pedal in a small box. I haven't found any cheaper method (UPS, FedEx and DHL were absurdly expensive) but also haven't really looked at any forward companies.

One Australian customer requested that I build his pedal anyway and just hold onto it until shipping opens back up so it's sitting on a shelf now, but if there are any reasonable forwarding companies out there it would save the wait.

EDIT: just looked at packagehopper.myus.com looks like I can get a pedal from Chicago to Australia for about $30, only $5 more than I used to pay pre-COVID.
Australia Post seems to have improved a lot from where it was a month or two ago, and I've got a few packages from China really quickly in the last few weeks. The US is the only country that's suspended mail to Aus, as far as I'm aware.

US$30 for shipping a pedal from the US seems like an OK price to me. About AUD$42. Not cheap but not unreasonably expensive.

US$30 for shipping a pedal from the US seems like an OK price to me. About AUD$42. Not cheap but not unreasonably expensive.
I agree, the customer paid US$25 already, I'm okay eating $5 to get it the rest of the way out the door, especially since he's been waiting 6 weeks already.

Australia Post seems to have improved a lot from where it was a month or two ago, and I've got a few packages from China really quickly in the last few weeks. The US is the only country that's suspended mail to Aus, as far as I'm aware.

Japan post suspended service to Australia months ago. I've had a 1980 Tokai 335 sitting in a warehouse for months. I have now added a bass and pedal board and will probably just pay the super high shipping price to get it here.

Japan post suspended service to Australia months ago. I've had a 1980 Tokai 335 sitting in a warehouse for months. I have now added a bass and pedal board and will probably just pay the super high shipping price to get it here.
OK, hadn't heard that.

I didn't check my cart in Tayda since a while.
I'm from Italy, and I had, the last time I checked, the Registered Mail shipping available, though the the delivery time could to be until 90 days.
Yesterday I saw I can use just two DHL shipping, that means I have to pay, probably or for sure, fee and VAT.
Did someone in EU use the DHL shipping for about 45 $, received it in a bag package, and not in a big box, without pay fee and VAT?

Thanks.

So to follow-up on this. I had an order for 178 CAD$ and the custom/brokerage clearance fee was 28.50 CAD$

I'm guessing I don't understand how Tayda shipping works. Everything I've gotten from them comes from Louisville, Co. Are they shipping from Thailand any orders that don't originate outside the US?

I'm guessing I don't understand how Tayda shipping works. Everything I've gotten from them comes from Louisville, Co. Are they shipping from Thailand any orders that don't originate outside the US?
Yep, in my understanding, they have a distribution centre for the US, and the rest departs from Thailand.

Back