SOLVED Mach 1 problem

RicsPedalboard

Hi!! Hope someone can help me. This is my first build... I have check everything to find a short or something else but I cant find the problem. When I plug the 9vdc to it the voltage drop to around 3vdc and the diode D100 come really hot.

20220415_092358.jpg

I figured id link this im new as well but someone linked this on my troubleshooting post and it helped me understand alot. Hope it helps

The usual convention is that a red wire carries positive power supply and black carries ground for DC circuits. That is such a universal standard that you are going to confuse yourself and others if you don't follow it. May not be worth changing for this one, but do it in future.

Photos of the solder side may help with tracking down shorts

If you are removing the IC, I would replace it with an IC socket. Socketing ICs makes it much easier to replace them if you end up with a problem (or just to experiment with different types of OP amp to see if they sound any different :) )

Do you have a pot cover on the hidden pot, as well as the ones we can see?

The red wire is on the center pin and connected to the negative on the board
Ok. I assumed as much but, wanted to make sure. As PJS said, conventional wisdom is red positive, black negative. I also agree with PJS about using sockets for ICs. My first build turned into a disaster because I didn’t use a socket. Anyway…. Welcome to the forum and the addiction of building your own effects.

Back