Hot Glue Gun Recs?

finebyfine

I’ve been meaning to pick one up for a while. Xiaomi - who makes my favorite electric screwdriver - makes a sharp looking mini one but it has mixed reviews.

I’m looking for something small and cordless. I have access to larger ones but don’t use them as often as I could because of the space they start to take up on my (very small) bench.

Does anyone have recommendations?

I bought a cheap corded glue gun on impulse but other than for securing LEDs in bezels I don't know what to use it for.

I’ve been meaning to pick one up for a while. Xiaomi - who makes my favorite electric screwdriver - makes a sharp looking mini one but it has mixed reviews.

I’m looking for something small and cordless. I have access to larger ones but don’t use them as often as I could because of the space they start to take up on my (very small) bench.

Does anyone have recommendations?
I steal my wife's out of her project drawer when I need to use one.

I ended up buying the Wowstick one I mentioned in OP (accidentally said it was by Xiaomi/Mija) and it's definitely a lemon. Luckily I got a $10 off coupon for it so it only ended up being $15. Link for reference

There's just not much control over it, especially compared to regular glue guns. Where a regular one uses trigger action to control the amount of glue the Wowstick one is controlled by sliding the hot glue stick into the heated element with that red button thing. Maybe there's just a learning curve and I'll get more confident with it but after playing around with it on scrap pieces of paper for a while I still am hesitant to use it anywhere important.

Why is it whenever I see someone using a glue gun I get the urge to run up to them and say “What are you doing!!!” 🤪
Actually, I've found that it doesn't do much good. I only started using a glue gun to hold LED bezels in place because I saw other people do it. (Yes, I learn by imitation....problem is with who I imitate.....:p) I've found that it doesn't hold very well. I've switched to using a wee bit of CA glue when I use plastic bezels now. Works a lot better and looks much less messy.

I picked up this one a couple months ago and have been very happy with it. They have a more compact one that "docks" with a battery pack if you really need a smaller one.
1656866377560.png

Back