DEMO I think I'm gonna be sick! 🤮

This post contains an audio or video demo
I was just thinking that we hadn’t seen an @Pauleo1214 glorious mashup in awhile. Part of my brain is amazed that all the knobs are perfectly aligned and spaced even to the point that the one “missing” knob is centered and even and then there’s that tiny part that REALLY wants there to be a knob there. I will be patiently waiting with bucket in hand to hear what seasickness sounds like

I always enjoy your crazy-ass pedals.

Do you actually use them after the initial build? Do you record albums of crazy-ass songs too?

I was just thinking that we hadn’t seen an @Pauleo1214 glorious mashup in awhile. Part of my brain is amazed that all the knobs are perfectly aligned and spaced even to the point that the one “missing” knob is centered and even and then there’s that tiny part that REALLY wants there to be a knob there. I will be patiently waiting with bucket in hand to hear what seasickness sounds like
All of this👆

I can't wait to get my aural sea-legs.

Impressed. I combo my abyss, chorus, and reverse delay and call it the seasick sound but I think you've probably got more like an ocean plague going on with that thing. Awesome and clean.

I thought about putting a feedback loop knob where the blank space is for the entire circuit. It did not provide too much in the way of new sonic texture to warrant it.
I always enjoy your crazy-ass pedals.

Do you actually use them after the initial build? Do you record albums of crazy-ass songs too?
I'm ashamed to admit that i noodle around with them for a bit, get bored, throw them into a pile and move on to the next weird thing. I'm not creatively inclined when it comes to music either. I believe I posted a picture somewhere of that disaster zone that is my basement with piles and piles of pedals.
Impressed. I combo my abyss, chorus, and reverse delay and call it the seasick sound but I think you've probably got more like an ocean plague going on with that thing. Awesome and clean.
@PedalPCB , are there any plans to put out a reverse delay circuit? I doubt there's any analogue circuits out there; even a EEPROM preset for the Arachnid or a FV-1 based pedal would be awesome.

That’s series-ously sick. Did you finally run out of buff-n-blenders?
Nope, still have a healthy supply of those babies. I liked the way this circuit sounded in series though. I started out with the sea horse into the abyss really liking the sound of the two together in that order. I threw in the dark rift delay to give that sound some "space". I sat on the fence about capping it all off with a reverb but opted not too because things got too muddy.

Eventually yes. Analog, no. It can be done with the FV-1 but it's not the most convincing... It can be done correctly with the Daisy Seed.
I believe knut from pladask released some pretty decent FV-1 code for a fairly cromulent reverse delay into the forums somewhere, but yeah for the most part it is definitely a shortcoming of the FV-1.

I bought the OBNE one (the rever) and flipped it pretty much immediately.

The reverse algorithm I've tried had a lot of clicking when the samples crossed over. I'm sure it can (and has) been improved, but the limited instruction count really makes it a squeeze to pull off.

Back