Kings Hand Overdrive drill template

Does anyone have the Tayda drill coordinates for the Kings Hand Overdrive?
Thanks
Probably not much help here sorry. Whatever the Benson preamp coordinates are I would bet they are the same minus the led. That’s in the middle of the top two pots.

I use a pedal pcb reusable drill template. I wound punch this in the second from the right hole (inwards), the middle hole for LED on same line, then the next (inside hole) second from the right on the left side of the pedal.

If somebody (maybe the head dude) can give you the reusable drill template coordinates of the Drill template you can figure it out via my description?
I wound

Anyways. I guess the simpler answer is like the Benson. Only the LED is in between the two upper pots instead of in the middle. I haven’t toyed with coordinates as I drill my own. But Benson plus whatever the centre top drill hole is. It wound be on the same lever as the top pots.

Never hurts to ask Robert as he seems to know all the answers. But whatever the coordinates are marked in red is my best bet.

Attachments

• BE546C9B-2FE2-4D5C-A1B5-1BD734EC126F.jpeg
    BE546C9B-2FE2-4D5C-A1B5-1BD734EC126F.jpeg
    216 KB · Views: 12
Kings Hand has four knobs and two switches - it's not the same as the Benson, since there's the extra switches.

I think the upper part should match up with the Benson, the LED is in the same position too (it ends up being lower than the pots because the holes on the PCB are in line, but the pot shaft is not where the holes on the PCB are, but it's offset). But you still need the extra holes for the switches.

I've got a drill template for the old three switch Pot and Kettle, I think that might work for you if you delete the middle pot and switch (since it has 5 pots and three switches), but the LED is offset too, in that one. And I'm not completely sure if the four pot template matches up with four pots from the five pot group - it could be different. But maybe you could hack it together from that one and the Son of Ben template (delete middle switch and pot, check the four pots match up, if necessary move the switches horizontally since it looks to me they match up vertically, but the horizontal spacing could be different, and also copy LED from Benson relative to pots)? Here's the link anyway https://drill.taydakits.com/box-designs/new?public_key=bUVEYmJjS2tkRjBmVVBKYWJ3Y1pLdz09Cg==

IIRC it matches up just fine to the board, but FWIW I think it's worthwhile to set the holes to be a bit bigger than needed when you do custom templates like this, so you have some wiggle room if it's a bit wrong.

Kings Hand has four knobs and two switches - it's not the same as the Benson, since there's the extra switches.

I think the upper part should match up with the Benson, the LED is in the same position too (it ends up being lower than the pots because the holes on the PCB are in line, but the pot shaft is not where the holes on the PCB are, but it's offset). But you still need the extra holes for the switches.

I've got a drill template for the old three switch Pot and Kettle, I think that might work for you if you delete the middle pot and switch (since it has 5 pots and three switches), but the LED is offset too, in that one. And I'm not completely sure if the four pot template matches up with four pots from the five pot group - it could be different. But maybe you could hack it together from that one and the Son of Ben template (delete middle switch and pot, check the four pots match up, if necessary move the switches horizontally since it looks to me they match up vertically, but the horizontal spacing could be different, and also copy LED from Benson relative to pots)? Here's the link anyway https://drill.taydakits.com/box-designs/new?public_key=bUVEYmJjS2tkRjBmVVBKYWJ3Y1pLdz09Cg==

IIRC it matches up just fine to the board, but FWIW I think it's worthwhile to set the holes to be a bit bigger than needed when you do custom templates like this, so you have some wiggle room if it's a bit wrong.
Thanks. I think you have a good idea using the Pot and Kettle layout. Thanks again.

Anyone have a tested drill template for the v2 Kings Hand? I tried the 3-switch Pot & Kettle, but it's too wide for the four-knob layout. I only have one enclosure left, so I wanted to make sure I didn't mess up the drill for this one. The four-knob layout isn't really the issue, its the switches underneath that I don't want to mess up. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Anyone have a tested drill template for the v2 Kings Hand? I tried the 3-switch Pot & Kettle, but it's too wide for the four-knob layout. I only have one enclosure left, so I wanted to make sure I didn't mess up the drill for this one. The four-knob layout isn't really the issue, its the switches underneath that I don't want to mess up. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
With my test enclosure, I think I have the measurements correct. I will put them in a Tayda drill template tomorrow and attach it to this thread.

Here is my Drill template with Tayda. Please note, this template is not fully verified. I did a hand measurement and drilled it on a test enclosure. I think it is correct, but use it with caution. Thanks!

Back