Kewpie Fuzz

DailyDovetails

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
This thing is a pretty awesome sounding big muff. I think it’s my favorite muff so far every thing I have stacked into it sounds good also. My next muff will be the Muffin Factory we will see which I prefer.

1711411425984.jpeg
1711411444129.jpeg
1711411458922.jpeg

This may be my last 3d printed enclosure for a while. I’m feeling burned out with the computer so the time to design enclosures and art is making me feel unmotivated for pedal building. I will probably do my next builds either minimalist in tayda boxes or see if I can get my daughter to do them with Posca markers.

This thing is a pretty awesome sounding big muff. I think it’s my favorite muff so far every thing I have stacked into it sounds good also. My next muff will be the Muffin Factory we will see which I prefer.

View attachment 71529
View attachment 71530
View attachment 71531

This may be my last 3d printed enclosure for a while. I’m feeling burned out with the computer so the time to design enclosures and art is making me feel unmotivated for pedal building. I will probably do my next builds either minimalist in tayda boxes or see if I can get my daughter to do them with Posca markers.
I know the feeling. I think you should let your daughter do them with markers -- if nothing else, it's something that you can bond with her about. Those are the kind of memories that will stick with her throughout her life.

I know the feeling. I think you should let your daughter do them with markers -- if nothing else, it's something that you can bond with her about. Those are the kind of memories that will stick with her throughout her life.
That’s the way I’m leaning. Many of the next boards I’m doing will be in 1590dd or 1590xx boxes so there will be lots of room for artwork.

That’s the way I’m leaning. Many of the next boards I’m doing will be in 1590dd or 1590xx boxes so there will be lots of room for artwork.
Definitely do that. On some of my early builds, my daughter either did or helped me out with the artwork (and, once in a blue moon from time to time now, she still does). The upshot is, even if I don’t end up liking the sound of the ultimate pedal or eventually build something else to replace it, I’m going to save and treasure those builds she worked on because it was an activity we shared.

(Full disclosure – she’s 23 so her medium is adobe illustrator. But the idea and the joy are both the same because we were close when she was growing up - but when you hit 23, it’s harder to find common interests and activities with your father).

Mike

Definitely do that. On some of my early builds, my daughter either did or helped me out with the artwork (and, once in a blue moon from time to time now, she still does). The upshot is, even if I don’t end up liking the sound of the ultimate pedal or eventually build something else to replace it, I’m going to save and treasure those builds she worked on because it was an activity we shared.

(Full disclosure – she’s 23 so her medium is adobe illustrator. But the idea and the joy are both the same because we were close when she was growing up - but when you hit 23, it’s harder to find common interests and activities with your father).

Mike
I guarantee, she still remembers those projects that you worked on together, whether she admits it or not. You carry those memories about your father with you forever.

Mike
Oh, and by the way, can she spell? Because I apparently I cannot, and I might need someone to proofread my illustrator designs before I commit them to an enclosure. 🤣

Oh, and by the way, can she spell? Because I apparently I cannot, and I might need someone to proofread my illustrator designs before I commit them to an enclosure. 🤣
For what it’s worth I thought your spelling of chorous was classy. The proofreader might be my son he made it to the county spelling bee recently. He wants to see if he can get to state next year.

For what it’s worth I thought your spelling of chorous was classy. The proofreader might be my son he made it to the county spelling bee recently. He wants to see if he can get to state next year.
LOL, thanks. The more I think about it, the more classy chorous sounds (and I had to fight autocorrect to get it to spell it that way)... At first I was mortified, and then I was like -- okay this misspelling thing is kind of my thing. I'm fluent in English and Spanish, so these kinds of spelling things are easy for my brain to overlook. If your son wants the job -- I'll happily send him my artwork before I commit it to an enclosure.

Back