DEMO BYOC Stereo Analog Flanger

This post contains an audio or video demo

kerryfine

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
Named it Flangelicious to go with the Psychedelic art vibe, no relation to Electric Druid circuit.

Sounds incredible, and versatile with the ability to go between 1 or 2 BBD chips. Worked first time around and easy to bias.

Demo:
(Using clean split coil, then humbuckers + fuzz for Nirvana tone, then humbuckers + distortion for Van Halen tone)

Attachments

• IMG_7599 Edited.jpeg
    IMG_7599 Edited.jpeg
    415.2 KB · Views: 34
  • 516DD7EF-2D25-49C4-8465-5A5A94A64140.jpeg
    516DD7EF-2D25-49C4-8465-5A5A94A64140.jpeg
    665.7 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_7579.jpeg
    IMG_7579.jpeg
    372.2 KB · Views: 34
Looks great!. Not sure if you read in the build notes or not but you can mismatch the v3207 and a mn3208 to get even more modulation madness. I think I read where one modulates at a higher octave. I haven't had the chance to switch back and forth on a stereo rig to determine whether it is pleasing or not.

Last edited:
Looks great!. Not sure if you read in the build notes or not but you can mismatch the v3207 and a mn3007 to get even more modulation madness. I think I read where one modulates at a higher octave. I haven't had the chance to switch back and forth on a stereo rig to determine whether it is pleasing or not.
Thank you! Yea I read that but haven’t tried it yet. Let me know how it is if you try it! I’m interested in trying at some point.

Looks great!. Not sure if you read in the build notes or not but you can mismatch the v3207 and a mn3007 to get even more modulation madness. I think I read where one modulates at a higher octave. I haven't had the chance to switch back and forth on a stereo rig to determine whether it is pleasing or not.
This is incorrect. You can mismatch a 3207 and a 3208. Not the 3007. The 3007 needs negative supply voltage.

Last edited:
Mine burned in a house fire… where the hell did you find a PCB for this? Great flanger, I found the 3208 mod to be a little much, personally.

Mine burned in a house fire… where the hell did you find a PCB for this? Great flanger, I found the 3208 mod to be a little much, personally.
Thanks for the info. Sorry to hear that. I had to buy the whole BYOC kit in order to get the board. Unfortunate because I would’ve saved a lot of money just getting the PCB but I wanted to build this specific flanger so went for it before it gets discontinued for any reason.

Back