Skidmark Pedals Unofficial Support Sub-Forum

Robert

Reverse Engineer
11902470_10204630618039762_4564957549607001122_n.jpg

As some of you may know, unfortunately Cees van Eijk, the designer and brains behind Skidmark Pedals has recently passed away.

I've had several people contact me over the past few days about the possibility of hosting a support sub-forum since the Skidmark Pedals Facebook group was private and he was apparently the only Admin of the group with the ability to accept new members.

Rather than let these excellent projects fade away and become unsupported, I've decided to set up this area for that purpose.

Never built one of his "Dirty Shally" OD pedals, (his take on a Marshall 2204), but wanted to. I like how it uses a pair of JFETs to pre-drive the circuit. And the opportunities for mods abound.

Screenshot 2024-04-10 at 3.52.17 PM.png

If you can think of other mods, please speak up.

Meanwhile, anyone know where I might find of those boards. I've scoured the usual places and his Reverb and FB sales are now down. :(

Here is the message from the Facebook page --

Dear fellow pedal people,
If this message gets posted, it means that something went horribly wrong. I've been fighting a nasty lung inflammation for over a decade, but now it seems it has gotten the better of me. I just want to thank each and every one of you for your support over the years. Giving technical assistance on the projects has been a great relieve, and sometimes (for a moment) made me forget that I was seriously ill.
Skidmark Pedals has been a really cool endeavor for me and (sometimes) my daughter Jessie. I (obviously) will not be able to give any support anymore, I reckon I'm now trying to convince Jimy he really needs a Sonomatic
😉
You are all free to use the schematics as posted in the files section, but I would appreciate if you at least would give me some credits. That my designs will live after I have passed, somehow gives me great comfort.
Please remember that your health is the only important thing in life. I'm pretty sure I'm in a better place now. Take care guys, I love you all!
Cees van Eijk

Back