'Lectric Mama

ianmarks

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
Came across this flanger when looking for stomplfo projects outside of what's available over at Eletric Druid. Chuck Bones graciously sent me a pcb and odds and ends to get thisbsucker up and running. Build wise, I ran into a little bit of an issue with the pcb mounted pots. I guess I drilled the holes a bit too close together and ended up using solder lug version for the top pots. Chuck gave me a heads up on it using a normally open switch and the workaround so avoided that issue. I ended up mounting a couple of the electros on the bottom.

I'm a big fan of the ADA for the huge range, slow jet flange setting and it is kind of my go to for traditional flanger use. Chuck programmed the stomplfo with a special setting that emulates the mistress lfo. It's not as extreme as the ADA but is definitely a fine traditional flange sound. The fun for me is in the more obscure modulation sounds. For example, the ramp settings kind of make a thud resetting, but if you run it fast and adjust range and finally blend you can get some cool sounds. That blend is clutch for mixing an oherwise annoying sound under and making something cool. You can do the same on the random setting and get glitchy. The Bility to fine tune really lush chorus sounds is there, too.

Before i realized that tayd had the candy sparkle I got this enclosure from LMS. I didn't want to mess it up with a label I quickly put together, so went posca on it for now. I need to upgrade momentary switches, too, as the current one is clunky.

This was a fun one and I appreciate getting the chance to build it!

Attachments

• 20240409_192756.jpg
    20240409_192756.jpg
    857.3 KB · Views: 26
  • 20240409_192742.jpg
    20240409_192742.jpg
    773.5 KB · Views: 26
Good stuff! I have both of the blue glitter boxes and while the tayda is really nice, the lms is both more vibrant in color and more shimmery with the glitter. It's unfortunate that it's a limited edition. I haven't had the heart to put a drill bit into the lms one yet.

Good stuff! I have both of the blue glitter boxes and while the tayda is really nice, the lms is both more vibrant in color and more shimmery with the glitter. It's unfortunate that it's a limited edition. I haven't had the heart to put a drill bit into the lms one yet.

This makes my cheap @$$ feel better on splurging on a sparkly enclosure, then, ha! Wanted to give it a proper home and all.

Back