DEMO Two Milfs- flanger on flanger

This post contains an audio or video demo
Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
1000002822.gif
A double feature. I have been sitting on these boards since last summer with the plans to build them. I ordered the enclosures last fall. All the parts set aside since September. I finally got around to it. I have built both of these before but was tired of having to choose which one would be for bass or guitar so I now have one of each for my guitar and bass boards. LFG😤

The only real difference between the two circuits is the BBD IC. The Bf-2 uses the MN3207 and the HF-2 uses the MN3204. The 3204 has half the delay stages and therefore shifts the modulated frequencies higher and leaving lower frequencies unmodulated. This gives the HF-2 a more hifi integrated sound, and closer to a Mistress.

Both builds are built on the @bean fraudhacker boards and are super quiet. For enclosures I used tayda 1590BB2 boxes with UV prints. Shout-out to @StompBoxParts for always having me covered with ICs and my favorite 3pdt switches. For my video comparison I didn't want to just repost my old video and it gave me a chance to take my new interface for a test drive since my old one decided to take a shit after just over 2 years😑. Should you have the opportunity to find a mn3204 jump on it because the HF-2 should be built.
1000004949.jpg 1000004950.jpg

Excellent demo. That little mellow riff is sweet. I bet if you put some words to it, it would be a hit. Write something personal, about wanting a lover to stay. Or how you’d miss them. And how they never listen, and only hear what they want to.
I don’t know, just brainstorming.

The first three notes are unmistakable. Good choice of song to show off the pedals. A subtle simple riff with space between the notes that can show off the Flange. Honestly, great demo. Nothing over the top to distract from the effect.
I honestly was trying to be cheesy with it. Ultimately I liked that the song did let the differences show between the two. Just reliving teenage Chris' crush on Lisa Loeb in 1994 🤡 :ROFLMAO:
Flange on flange action! I like the HF-2, now I gotta get looking for a 3204!
get on it Dave, the HF-2 is hands down my favorite flanger.

Great build. Solid as usual! I've been sitting on a Fraud board for a while now just waiting to come across a 3204. The stock build has become a fave of mine. The flanger is an underappreciated effect.

Baddass, my dude. That demo is super useful! 😎

I've got the HF-2 for my bass and the BF-2 on my guitar board. Thinking I need to try the HF-2 on guitar too.

Great builds and demo.

I was expecting both to be fired up at the same time by the end of the vid. ;)

Always did like Mysterio.

Baddass, my dude. That demo is super useful! 😎

I've got the HF-2 for my bass and the BF-2 on my guitar board. Thinking I need to try the HF-2 on guitar too.
You should definitely try it on guitar John, I think you and your band mates will be really impressed.
View attachment 75849
Not gonna lie that HF-2 does appeal to me enough to want to hunt down a 3204…
Great side by side comparison. Well done man.

Maybe if we all annoy @Cabintech they will make it happen.
Thanks Rob, I'm on the hunt for you my guy, you'll build one one day!
Great builds and demo.

I was expecting both to be fired up at the same time by the end of the vid. ;)

Always did like Mysterio.
I can't be reckless with the flangers, remember...with great flange comes great responsibility😂

Wow, lovely! Now off to find a 3204, and play the f5 game on MBP's site. :D

Luckily, my daughter is a Swiftie, so we both got really good at it last year. 🤣

And I don't care what anyone says, Lisa Loeb is totally crushworthy.

Back