Duo-phase

Mentaltossflycoon

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
I've been meaning to build one of these for a long time. I'm definitely a fan of the phase II sound though I've mostly been using my polytrog or xc phase for the last few years. Having two phase II circuits in one box is unsurprisingly fantastic.

I'm tempted to make room on the pedalboard but unfortunately it has the ol bypass led popping issue. I've yanked the lights to make it useable. If anyone has a simple remedy for this I'm all ears. I searched a while in the troubleshoots but I didn't find the answer I was looking for. I may try the AMZ cap and resistor LED delay thing. I'm half tempted to order a few relay bypass boards. (Update - I installed the two relay bypass and it fixed the pops)

Anyway, other then the lack of lights, I am extremely happy with how this turned out. It's really inspiring and sounds especially good on guitar. "Chewy" feels silly to say out loud but it's an apt description. I really like having a slowish mellow phase in to an even slower but more intense phaser. I never run things in stereo so i kept it to two jacks. Screenshot_20240516_005106_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20240516_005037_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:
I'd even go so far as to try a couple 4µ7 WIMA caps, then 2µ2, then the 1µ ... Keep the BASS!

Sweet build!

In the graphic:
There's a little stick (vertical) under the foot of the wave (small wave), I can't tell if it's a support for a cabana, a brolley or what...? Makes me wonder what was there before the big wave came crashing the beach-party.
Is that an island in the distance or a peninsula of the land in the far distance (it too an island or ?) — and is that a small tower built just below and left of the peak of the island or a second peak of the foreshore cliff...
How does the silhouette of a Pegasus Horse (sea-horse?) in the blue waters below and right of the island relate to the seemingly celestial spheres in the crest of the Big Wave? Why is the big wave at odds with the smaller ocean (lake) waves? I'm trying to fathom it all, but whatever mysteries entrenched in the-picture-tells-a-story, they're too deep for me.

I'd even go so far as to try a couple 4µ7 WIMA caps, then 2µ2, then the 1µ ... Keep the BASS!

Sweet build!

In the graphic:
There's a little stick (vertical) under the foot of the wave (small wave), I can't tell if it's a support for a cabana, a brolley or what...? Makes me wonder what was there before the big wave came crashing the beach-party.
Is that an island in the distance or a peninsula of the land in the far distance (it too an island or ?) — and is that a small tower built just below and left of the peak of the island or a second peak of the foreshore cliff...
How does the silhouette of a Pegasus Horse (sea-horse?) in the blue waters below and right of the island relate to the seemingly celestial spheres in the crest of the Big Wave? Why is the big wave at odds with the smaller ocean (lake) waves? I'm trying to fathom it all, but whatever mysteries entrenched in the-picture-tells-a-story, they're too deep for me.
😆 You're definitely over thinking it. I have an irrational fear of tsunamis. I live 2hrs from the coast. When I do take a beach trip the tsunami warning system signs are a constant reminder that "when the big one hits" I'm likely to have beachfront property. I fed the skynet art dept. a blurb about two realities phasing through each other with a great tsunami. I wanted it to invoke equal parts terror and joy.

LED popping is the worst. Hopefully you can find a solution. It's really hard to have a pedal on your board that doesn't have an indicator light unless it's an always on pedal.

Also, the graphic is really nice. I've been toying with graphics ideas for my Wavelord, and this is inspiring me.

LED popping is the worst. Hopefully you can find a solution. It's really hard to have a pedal on your board that doesn't have an indicator light unless it's an always on pedal.

Also, the graphic is really nice. I've been toying with graphics ideas for my Wavelord, and this is inspiring me.
If I don't figure it out, I have a band mate who uses a switcher. It'd be fine in that situation.

@Nostradoomus I think the 2.2 uf wimas actually might have helped a little. The pops are still present but seem quieter. It's possibly all in my head but now that I've played it full volume again I think the right side pops louder than the other but both seem better. Perhaps this means something to those who know things?

Back