DIY Boss-style footswitches?

GratingShelve

Hi!

Does anyone know of any way to build DIY pedals with Boss-style footswitches? Specifically the wide, lever action instead of the small button, I'm less interested in the "it turns on automatically" feature which I find annoying

I really like that style footswitch since I don't usually wear shoes in my house, and I find them much easier to operate barefooted

Thanks!

There was a company making enclosures with the boss-style lever actuator, but they were like $80 a piece I think, and they’ve long since gone out of business. Can’t remember what they were called.

Unfortunately the only real option for this is to buy a used boss pedal.
I’d say your best bet if you want the soft feel and all that, is to get a large, robust arcade style momentary button, and to use it to trigger a relay bypass module.

There was a company making enclosures with the boss-style lever actuator, but they were like $80 a piece I think, and they’ve long since gone out of business. Can’t remember what they were called.

Unfortunately the only real option for this is to buy a used boss pedal.
I’d say your best bet if you want the soft feel and all that, is to get a large, robust arcade style momentary button, and to use it to trigger a relay bypass module.

I believe they were made by Rixen

The Mooer ones just snap on to most 3PDT stompers and are inexpensive; cheap enough to buy a bunch of different colours to suit your mood or back-up replacements if one breaks/fails.

mooer_footswitch_topper_1_1000px.jpg

Mooer also has mushroom-shaped ones that are even more (Mooer?) barefoot/socked-feet friendly:

mgz8t9pmyll61.jpg

If you don't mind waiting a while for shipping you can get aluminum toppers/knockoff "barefoot buttons" on any of the cheap Chinese vendors (AliExpress, Temu, DHGate, etc) for dirt cheap

Back