1304 fuzz

okstateblues

Is there another similar transistor I can use in the 1304 fuzz? I placed an order with smallbear and it still has not been processed after nearly a week. Is there another that works in this circuit that's actually attainable?

Is there another similar transistor I can use in the 1304 fuzz? I placed an order with smallbear and it still has not been processed after nearly a week. Is there another that works in this circuit that's actually attainable?
I just got word my SmallBear order is on its way after about as much time - did you reach out to them? They've been pretty responsive w me. The holidays had them backed up.

Reactions: fig
I placed my order Monday and still no response as of this morning. Not trying to slam them, I am just wanting to finish this pedal

Socket the transistor and audition a few so you can try out the 1304 when it does ship. I've built a few but have only used the 1304 so far, but it's an npn with a fairly wide range

You could try just about any decent NPN Ge transistor. IME the 1304 is perhaps a little thin sounding for a Ge transistor which is a bit unusual because most Ge transistors sound much the same if the hfe and leakage is taken into consideration.

Back