b250k potentiometer substitution?

drgonzo1969

I've got a few builds in the works that require B250k Potentiometers. I dont have any on hand at the moment. I am specifically trying to finish a vero EQD Tone Reaper for my brother. The b250k in this circuit is for the fuzz. Is there another value I could use with comparable results? here is a link to the layout. I Have my board populated I'm just too poor to place another order right now and I am impatient and want to hear this thing hahaha. my brother swears his original tone reaper is his favorite fuzz but he left that one back in KC. So I figured I would whip one for him to use out here in Chicago. He moved up here almost a year ago and this is gonna be his "moving out mom and dads house and living in Chicago for a year" reward.

If you have a b500k you can solder a 500k resistor across lugs 1 and 3 to bring the total resistance down to 250k

hell ya. i just fired up the tone reaper on my auditorium and it works and sounds killer. I dont know if its as good as the original. The only ac176 i had was 52 hfe but it still sounds great. this one shall be call "toan reaper"

Back