1590 b 3knob drilling template

Untro

I reaaaallly didnt want to come here with this one....
but im about to pull out my hair. I've f*cked up the drilling on TWO 1590b enclosures now. I've scoured the internet and downloaded at least three 1590b templates, but they all run into different problems by freaking millimeters. Ive measured, double measured, triple measured, made my own template by stretching and modifying the madbean template that seemed to fit closest, tested the visible dimensions... nope. The inputs always rub up against the pcb (its a muroidea pcb, and whats ironic is that i freehanded one for my friend and it fit fine). I have one enclosure left and ill be damned if it fails. Is there a pedal pcb template that im missing? Those usually work great with the 125b enclosures. I feel like Tantalus reaching for water, so close but just falling short.

any help with a plug and play 3 knob 1590b template i can just print at 100% and it works, would be superlatively appreciated.

Attachments

• whyyyyyyyyyyy.jpg
    whyyyyyyyyyyy.jpg
    291.3 KB · Views: 12
Thanks for the replies, unfortunately i only have the heckin chonkin DC jacks, but I also just noticed something...

The new pcb layout for the Muriodea is significantly larger. I had very recently helped my friend build a rat PPCB i had ordered like perhaps a year or two ago, he accidentally ordered a 1590b and i somehow was able to help him make it happen. Cut to this round I had ordered and it appears the surface area has increased by like 20%. Below is the new vs old.

So its relieving to know that im not insane, but why did they make this change? And should i just give up on cramming it in there? I guess ill build out the pcb and try to bend the leads and see if that works, but otherwise Im probably never going to order a 1590b again.
Edit: I found some smaller pcbs that I may be able to squeeze in, so its not a total loss. Still frustrating tho

Attachments

• pcb2.jpg
    pcb2.jpg
    513.3 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_8009-preview.JPG
    IMG_8009-preview.JPG
    356.6 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom