1981 DRV (Informant) Build Report

Fish

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
Im still pretty new to this amazing and addictive craft, but this is one I think came out pretty cool.

First off I really dig this pedal very cool species of Rat. It’s a very solid dirt pedal. I used a cricut cutter to make the graphics, which was way easier than I thought. Im not a big fan of painting and programs like gimp and inkscape have turned out to be a thorn in my balls. I wanted to keep it similar to the 1981 design so i went with a bigger box 1590bb vertically and used a solder lug pot for the cut/tone knob to get the knobs in line and clipped the led legs and soldered wire on to move the led into place. (Spaghetti warning). Just wanted to share the final outcome with you folks, because the help you have given me along the way has been great. This is a really cool community so again thank you. Feel free to share any thoughts suggestions keen observations, you can even roast it if you’d like, no thin skin here.
IMG_7739.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_7740.jpeg
    IMG_7740.jpeg
    698.4 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_7737.jpeg
    IMG_7737.jpeg
    543.4 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_7738.jpeg
    IMG_7738.jpeg
    451.3 KB · Views: 14
I say share more builds anytime. I appreciate the dedication to red wire. I would've never guessed that was made on a cricut.
Welcome to the white washer club! All are accepted. Few are loved.

But let's talk about that outie jack ...
man I agree with you on the outie jack, I gotta stop taking the easy way outie and sack up. Whats the best jack to use.

I say share more builds anytime. I appreciate the dedication to red wire. I would've never guessed that was made on a cricut.
Welcome to the white washer club! All are accepted. Few are loved.

But let's talk about that outie jack ...
Thanks man i forgot to take that washer off lol, The cricut was surprisingly easy, it works really well for a silhouette design, but your never getting any small lettering out of that thing. The letters on the knobs are like that old guy who has the big font so he can read his text messages

Back