2 knobs silicon fuzz face

giovanni

I am looking for a PCB for the simplest 2 knobs silicon fuzz face that can be built with modern transistors and regular 9V supply (no reverse polarity design). I see that Tayda has one and so does PCBGuitarMania, and I think GPCB has one too. Any experience with any of these? Or other contenders? I definitely want PCB mounted pots, which may rule out GPCB.

For context: I am doing another pedal building workshop and I want to build a slightly more complex circuit. There is no circuit more iconic than a FF, so…

I built one of the Madbeans versions of the Fuzz Face, the Violenzz to be exact. They also have the Hipster, which is a standard two-knob silicon Fuzz Face. Cool thing about it is that it fits in a 1590A enclosure which makes for a very tidy addition to a pedal board. :D

I feel like I should mention that just because the option is there, you don't have to add a bias knob etc to something like the pedalpcb version of the silicon sunface ... for instance, I took the carbon black and built a NPN tonebender mkii by just omitting the tone control. now you will have to take a little more ownership of the construction such as not using a predrilled enclosure, knowing how to read a schematic, etc

That tayda one looks pretty simple. I haven't used it but I've built their BSIAB2 and Dist+ and had no issues.

If you use it, just keep in mind the FF doesn't use the 90 degree mount pots we're used to (they use the straight ones). I made this mistake when I built their Dist+, and it took some creative bending to get the 90 degree pots to work.

Back