3d printed Unicab

DailyDovetails

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
Here is the Unicab I have been working on. I changed a few thing in the design for the case to make the wider board fit in easily and for the bottom to close more flush. I also designed some new knobs that allow me to adjust the pots with the tight spacing from the 6 knob box.

This project went together easily and fired up the first time. I’m still learning to use the pedal as it does a lot but I gives me tons of options to tighten up and color my sound. I really like it so far and could see having it always on. I’m running it in the effects loop of my Boss GL 100 it allows me to turn off the built in cab modeling and makes it much more flexible. This pedal is the last mono pedal before it goes into the stereo section of my setup.

My next project is going to be a Trembling Loon. I’m working on a 3d printed coupler for the LED/LDR and am going to try some artwork as well.

Attachments

• IMG_5878.jpeg
    IMG_5878.jpeg
    516.2 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_5880.jpeg
    IMG_5880.jpeg
    490.4 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_5879.jpeg
    IMG_5879.jpeg
    562 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_5881.jpeg
    IMG_5881.jpeg
    489.8 KB · Views: 73
DAGNABBIT THAT'S COOL!

What material are you using for the enclosure, any problems with RF interference?

Most plastic boxes need some copper-tape shielding or shielding-paint...

DAGNABBIT THAT'S COOL!

What material are you using for the enclosure, any problems with RF interference?

Most plastic boxes need some copper-tape shielding or shielding-paint...
It’s out of PETG which is my favorite to print in. I haven’t noticed any hum but I also don’t play super loud and I DI into a mixer and then into monitors which only seems to hum when I get a ton of gain going. I saw MG chemical makes a line of RF shielding paint that I may look into the copper tape might work well also.

Nice… what printer do you have? I’ve had Ender 3pro for almost 4 years and last week bought a Creality K1 and it’s a beast

It’s and ended 5s1 at it’s core but i had to rewire it and replace the control board. I build an enclosure for it as well and relocated the power supply to outside the enclosure. It lives in the garage and I’m in California so I had to do some work to get it to run successfully in the heat. It runs on Klipper firmware which I really like over the marlin that came with it.

The cases print in a bit less than 2 hours.

1708821266262.jpeg
UniCab V2 with shielding and film caps. Shielding this one made me thankful that I redesigned the cases to make it easier. I changed a few of the values around the punch section because, I had them on hand instead of the recommended values and sometimes the punch control can have a bit of a fixed wah sound and I’m hoping this smooths it out some.

I have learned a lot in the few months since I did this one.

Back