3PDT foot switch recommendation for breakout board

Thanks for the info. It would be nice if the Alphas fit since they are great quality and consistently in stock.

This is good to know. I just had the Alpha ones in my Tayda cart. Now I'll reconsider.

By the way I also have one of those Dailywell ones and I checked the fit. I can confirm it does NOT fit. Maybe if I really forced it but I'd rather not.

Lately I've been using the LMS ones Barry mentioned. Those work well with the breakout boards.

This is good to know. I just had the Alpha ones in my Tayda cart. Now I'll reconsider.

By the way I also have one of those Dailywell ones and I checked the fit. I can confirm it does NOT fit. Maybe if I really forced it but I'd rather not.

Lately I've been using the LMS ones Barry mentioned. Those work well with the breakout boards.

I really like the regular LMS ones. They have a much softer touch than the Tayda switches. I keep threatening to buy the fancy ones but am not sure they will be worth it since the quality on their normal ones seem top notch.

Reactions: spi
I'm using the LMS feather soft / Gorva switches (which feel amazing. This is the only switch I'm ever gonna use. Well worth the $)
I had to bend the lugs a tiny bit but the fit is super tight which I think is what we want given the perks @PedalPCB mentioned above.

https://gorvadesign.com/products/mechano (SmallBear also carries them)
I’d give the StompBoxParts green 3PDT a shot, felt about the same as the Gorva to me (both seem to be modeled on the old Mammoth Pro, both have ~40oz of actuation force and are in a light green case), it fits perfectly in the PPCB 3PDT breakout board, the blue epoxy SBP is using can take *insane* heat, and it’s a buck cheaper than the Gorva

The 3PDT Order Switch PCB now fits all of the switches listed above.

The other breakout boards will follow as they're reordered.

Reactions: spi
Just throwing it out there, I got the breakout board to fit my switch with a little plier finesse, but do these numbers mean anything ? (I'm assuming they do).

Just wanted to check before I soldered them b/c I can see two ways it would fit in.

IMG-0328.jpg

Just throwing it out there, I got the breakout board to fit my switch with a little plier finesse, but do these numbers mean anything ? (I'm assuming they do).

Just wanted to check before I soldered them b/c I can see two ways it would fit in.

View attachment 11364
3PDT switches are symmetrical, in that 3 could be 1 and it wouldn't matter, so as long as it is orientated correctly it will work. The good news is that these boards will only fit in the correct orientation

Little homework for ya: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...FjAAegQIAxAC&usg=AOvVaw2-KA9YmBgGKly_QNP9Pbfs

Just throwing it out there, I got the breakout board to fit my switch with a little plier finesse

Which switch is that? And when did you order the breakout board? The boards currently shipping should fit most standard 3PDT switches now.

The orientation makes a difference when working with momentary footswitches (for the Backfeeder, for example), but when dealing with latching footswitches you can rotate the switch 180 degrees and it'll still function the same.

Which switch is that? And when did you order the breakout board? The boards currently shipping should fit most standard 3PDT switches now.

The orientation makes a difference when working with momentary footswitches (for the Backfeeder, for example), but when dealing with latching footswitches you can rotate the switch 180 degrees and it'll still function the same.
I ordered it from Tayda

This one.

Ordered the BOB's last month. It didn't fit straight away, but it didn't take much work to get them to mate. I read somewhere else on here afterwards that the compact ones have a different spacing that makes them tough to fit.

Thanks big time for the info, so stoked to finish my Parentheses !

Righteous, thanks big time ! I love this forum, it's such a good resource for novice builders to get learnt. Thanks for the hook up !
I'm a super novice as well and try to help where I can. I just hope that I don't make too much of a fool out of myself too often.

I am *loving* StompBoxParts’s new “Pro” footswitches, pretty sure they’re the same as the old Mammoth Pro Switches (green body, softer “click”), and the epoxy they’re using can take a *lot* of heat

Is @StompBoxParts going to be restocking these? I get a page not found with this link

T
Is @StompBoxParts going to be restocking these? I get a page not found with this link
There was a small manufacturing error with the last batch so he’s selling them at a discount as B-stocks, I bought ten!

Back