4 lug mono jack, is this suitable?

These plastic 4 lug mono jacks are a lot cheaper (.99 vs 2.59) than the usual open jacks, are they suitable?

I am wondering how to solder the 4 lugs. Usually I use this type which has only 2 solder points:

Thanks
Pb

These plastic 4 lug mono jacks are a lot cheaper (.99 vs 2.59) than the usual open jacks, are they suitable?

I am wondering how to solder the 4 lugs. Usually I use this type which has only 2 solder points:

Thanks
Pb
They are suitable, yes. You can use your DMM to see which is tip and which is sleeve. Just use a guitar or patch cable to see where you have continuity.

Yes, they are suitable. Keep in mind that they are switchable jacks, which means that when you insert a a cable into the jack, the spring raises up and disconnects from one of the pins -- try plugging a cable in, and you'll see what I mean. You want to use the pins that are on the side of the jack that do not separate when you insert the cable -- hopefully that makes sense.

Yes, they are suitable. Keep in mind that they are switchable jacks, which means that when you insert a a cable into the jack, the spring raises up and disconnects from one of the pins -- try plugging a cable in, and you'll see what I mean. You want to use the pins that are on the side of the jack that do not separate when you insert the cable -- hopefully that makes sense.
Interesting. I will try it out. I wonder what the usual use case is for them?

thanks!
Pb

Interesting. I will try it out. I wonder what the usual use case is for them?

thanks!
Pb

Your cell phone (at least 10 years ago) is a good example. Plug in headphones, switch contacts separate, no sound from the speaker. Remove headphones, switch contacts connect, sound from speaker.

You can use 4 of them to run out of effects parallel or mono. Check out the duo phase, that’s a great example.

Back