#54 - Cepheid Chrous

airbud

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
Hi all, the second of today's three builds went swimmingly, as I had done 90% of the work ready and just needed to slot in 8n2 caps, connect the wires and box it.

This is the first time I've built a repeat, but this time I followed the BoM exactly instead of making a few subs out of convenience. I sold that one so I can't compare, but there's no noticeable difference as far as my memory serves me. I used the V3207, as I did for my first build.

It's a great, classic chorus sound. Everyone needs to build one of these. That being said IMO the rate and depth are somewhat limited compared to more modern options. When I use it I always have the depth dimed and the rate at about 85%. But my take on this pedal is that you find your sweet spot and keep it there, not something you'd be constantly fussing around with.

At this juncture there are no knobs, never mind enclosure art.

A fun build and a must if you haven't yet!

Attachments

• PXL_20240516_185301304.PORTRAIT.ORIGINAL.jpg
    PXL_20240516_185301304.PORTRAIT.ORIGINAL.jpg
    722.3 KB · Views: 21
Good gutshot and build report.

Will there be knobs and enclosure art in future?

Thread title-typo ("Chrous") has given me some pedal-name ideas and art related to CROWS and from the theatre, Greek Chorus...

Crows from Dumbo.jpeg

Thanks for the inspiration!

Good gutshot and build report.

Will there be knobs and enclosure art in future?

Thread title-typo ("Chrous") has given me some pedal-name ideas and art related to CROWS and from the theatre, Greek Chorus...

View attachment 75260

Thanks for the inspiration!

ok well i hadn't thought about the crow crew in a LONG time, so thanks for dusting that memory off and giving it a nice refurb.

my first thought is that the cigar tip is a red LED, but that's neither here nor there...

Back